Do Indians wear rings?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right to the point...no reason to beat around the bush, we do that enough when we are out detecting.

Here is a combination of today and yesterdays finds from two permissions.
The first permission was a house built in 1900 and the second permission was built in 1917

A picture of all the finds. Lots of stuff, 2 cars a fork, 1 old necklace with copper leaves,
1 rosie dime 1 merc, 3 buffs, 3 indians, 11 wheats ranging from 1917 to 1944, 2 tokens, one fob and other stuff as well.

FullSizeRender.jpg

3 Indians and a Ring. The cool thing about the ring is, I pulled the ring and 1900 Indian from the same hole! Do Indians wear rings?
Considering the house was built in 1900, it makes it likely these were dropped around that time frame.
FullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender_3.jpg

Two tokens and a Fob.
FullSizeRender_2.jpg

Not sure what the token is with the Egyptian symbols but its cool.
FullSizeRender_6.jpg FullSizeRender_5.jpg

I particularly like the 3D fob as well.
FullSizeRender_4.jpg

2 Buffs with dates of 1920 and 1923
FullSizeRender_7.jpg

Pontiac made two versions of this token. I believe this is the early version of the two.
FullSizeRender_8.jpg FullSizeRender_9.jpg

Necklace with copper leaves Modern Watch pendent
FullSizeRender_10.jpg FullSizeRender_11.jpg

And finally a metal thing that looks like an ice sickle
FullSizeRender_12.jpg

Happy hunting everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 34
OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Egyptian item is an Egyptian Magic Coin.

They are officially tokens, sometimes described as "good luck coins" or "magician coins".

post_egyptmagiccoin_generic.jpg

They are usually 32 mm wide, made of bronze or brass, sometimes they are silver or gold plated.

They have Egyptian symbols on them, usually a Pharaoh on one side and a Sphinx and Pyramids on the other side.

They usually have no text inscriptions but some have advertising added.

They have been made in the United States since at least 1905 when one appeared in a Sears catalog.

They were sold or handed out by carnivals, fairs, promoters, magicians, and other groups.

They are frequently found in accumulations of coins or souvenirs and also by metal detectors.

One made an appearance in a 1946 film "Duel in the Sun" as a medallion worn by the film's star, Jennifer Jones.

Look for "Egyptian Magic Coin" on the internet for information about these items.

Note: Your token is a rare variety with a swastika on it.

:)

Thanks for the Quick ID on the magic token. I never noticed the Swastika until you mentioned it. Makes the find that much more interesting! I do know the swastika symbol was used as a good luck symbol way before WW2 making me suspect this coin falls in line with the old swastika symbolism.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread