Another Hunt in a Sketchy Area, Another Silver Half

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks!

Did something I’ve never done today; found a silver half dollar on back to back outings.

I met up with my buddy Mike (Echoplex) to hit a permission in South Seattle. Unfortunately the yard had been sodded so we didn’t come away with much but it was great to see each other. I don’t believe we’d gotten together for a hunt since August!

Well, I was feeling a little down but decided I was going to try some more spots. Mike is battling some back pain so he called it a day. My next couple spots were pretty quiet so I decided to give one more place a shot before going home.

This spot isn’t in the best neighborhood and I definitely had a couple homeless people eyeing me as they walked by. I figured they probably don’t want to mess with a guy who has a lesche in his hand.

I’d worked 90% of it and had thankfully found a silver earring and a wheat along with tons of clad. I got a clad dime signal at around 4 inches and dug down. I didn’t see anything at first so I dug a little deeper and there was a big coin-shaped object in the hole. I was thinking “neat, a token!” because the numbers didn’t ring like a silver half. Then I looked closer and realized it was a 40% Kennedy. Awesome!

Didn’t last much longer because after ~6 hours of hunting my back was hurting so I called it a day.

Here are the goods:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544308766.141537.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544308774.288082.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy hunting folks!
-W

Last edited:
Upvote 33

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread