Capped bust half dime, seated half dime and of course, another trime.

HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, it has been a while since I have posted. A friend and I went back to one of our really good sites that we had hammered very hard in the past. We decided to give it another go today. While looking around the area we found a spot where we may have not searched as much as before. I got the first non ferrous signal which was a copper ring that was once gold plated (1840-1850). Next I popped an 1847 large cent. Things died off after that and we kept scanning. We then made our way back to an area where we had many finds, and that's where I got a real nice signal and knew it was another silver. Out ame a beautiful 1836 half dime, our 5th half dime for this site and 5th bust coin for this site. Later in the hunt a few more odds and ends turned up, another small copper ring, button, and lock cover. Near the end of the hunt my friend got a good signal by the base of a log which was going to be yet another silver, we could tell. Sure enough, it was, a nice 1845 half dime (now 6th half dime). Soon after my friend got an 1852 trime, (9th from this site). It was starting to now get dark but I managed another copper before we left. Good day but it got dark and cold fast.
recovery1.jpg recovery2.jpg recovery3.jpg recovery4.jpg

Upvote 38

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread