PaleoCris

Apr 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Vibra-Tector 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Tnet members!

I had the pleasure of hosting Jake (DALLMYD on YouTube) for a few days of treasure hunting earlier this week. We decided to do some scuba diving on a pretty cold day, but it paid off with all kinds of cool finds. By far, the coolest find was a very old pistol that Jake found not long into the dive. Jake contacted the police, as he does with any guns that he finds, and we got it all recorded. If you want to watch the video Jake has his uploaded already, and I uploaded what I recorded here:

If you don't want to watch the vid and see what else was found, here's a photo of the gun:

GunSnapedited.jpg

-PaleoCris

Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fun hunt, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Trailertrash

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an FN 1910 or 1922. The raised sights look to be aftermarket. Very cool find! I'd be a bit conflicted, if I found a gun. Solving a potential serious crime would be a great thing. My desire for any contact with LE is zero. Sounds like it worked out well for you, congrats.
Regards, Kyle

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool but creepy find. Gas turning them over to police ever helped solve any crimes to your knowledge?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy here in Maine that I know found a gun and cell phone in a river. He brought them to the police and eventually these items were linked to a triple homicide in which 3 young adults were shot inside a car and the car was torched. This crime likely would never have been solved without him turning these in. The 2 men got life in prison recently. Guns sometimes end up in these places because people don’t want them to ever be found.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to post the link but failed miserably lol. If you’re interested in the story google “Enfield man takes the stand”. It should come up

Last edited:
OP
OP
PaleoCris

PaleoCris

Apr 8, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Vibra-Tector 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guns sometimes end up in these places because people don’t want them to ever be found.

That's always the concern...People think the dark, deep water will keep stuff from being found. Most of these things, at least where we find them, are intentionally hidden because the person didn't want them in the hands of law enforcement for whatever reason.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Really cool find there! I would probably be a little bit creeped out if I found a gun like that in a river though. It doesn't look like a firearm used for hunting to me, and the fact that it was in a river is a little suspicious. It is so old though that any case it may be connected to is probably either cold or solved by now. It also may have just been a gun dropped on land, that later washed into the river. Still good of your friend to contact the police though, let us know if they find anything out about it!

Last edited:

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A guy here in Maine that I know found a gun and cell phone in a river. He brought them to the police and eventually these items were linked to a triple homicide in which 3 young adults were shot inside a car and the car was torched. This crime likely would never have been solved without him turning these in. The 2 men got life in prison recently. Guns sometimes end up in these places because people don’t want them to ever be found.
That’s great that a crime was solved and some sick people were put away. I would do the same thing as far as turning it over. Was just curious. Good luck out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread