Eyeball find A little Xmas gold!

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Hello everyone, I had some luck and I want to share the story with you guys.
I don't like "tooting my own horn" but this was a eagle-eyeball and not a plain eyeball find...

Coming out of the metro railway today, just across the escalators, at a spot where, literally, thousands of people walk by every day there is this short, green telephone company box. There's a bus station right next to it the dozens of people use, the place is frequented by a dozen beggars and hustlers on these pre-Christmas days. Yet no one saw what I saw right away walking towards the box and from a distance of about 5 meters. There was a ring sitting on top of it!
I went straight ahead and grabbed it and it went into my pocket until some time later I checked it out.
Looked like gold, felt like gold, there was a broad band of reddish-brown patina or dirt on the inside of this very thin ring, no markings of any kind were visible.

I was excited with my find, gave a couple of street musicians a euro and went on to get home..
At home with a little drop of metal cleanser and some elbow grease, the patina went away revealing a "585 ITALY" stamp on the inside. So according to my internet search that's a 14K ring for you American goldhunters, weighs about a gram, not much of gold but better a little than none, right?
The rim is worn, it has some dents, somebody working a lot with his hands forgot or lost this one, only for me to find, I'm happy with it.

ring.jpg

Upvote 9
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet serendipitous find! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting