Was out trying out my new Miccus SR71 headsets and found silver!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I finally was able to get out and try my new Miccus SR71 Stealth Low Latency Headphones today. I had only a little over an hour before having to go pick up my wife at the school but I just had to see how it performed. I had tried other blue tooth set ups that had terrible lag time. I went to my old permission, not expecting very much because of the standing water but what the heck. I made my way from high spot to high spot and was very elated to find that the headphones worked awesome. no lag time and they were very loud and clear.

I managed to dig some trash, pull tabs, a couple irons, a memorial and then a couple of wheaties. I was using Park 2 on the 600 Nox and was hearing what I wanted to hear. I then thought that I might be digging a deeper wheatie but it turned into a 44 Merc, #48 silver for the year at this site. Of course the wife was psyched and wished that she could be out there but it is what it is. The Miccus paired up easily and are pretty comfortable to wear. Pretty amazed at how much silver we have found here at this site the last two years and it is still producing! Gotta love this sport! DL

Attachments

• 20181211_141856.jpg
    20181211_141856.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20181211_141910.jpg
    20181211_141910.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 24
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for saving the lovely lady, congratulations! :occasion14:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice one man; so did you pick her up and head back out there, let her test them out and get some more silver.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice one man; so did you pick her up and head back out there, let her test them out and get some more silver.

wish we could have but the evening was already full. she is biting at the chomp to bet back out there, she found the 4th set of dog tags the last time she was there. we will get out during the Christmas break and she plans on kicking my butt (her words).

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
wish we could have but the evening was already full. she is biting at the chomp to bet back out there, she found the 4th set of dog tags the last time she was there. we will get out during the Christmas break and she plans on kicking my butt (her words).

Cant wait to see what the two of you find.

My wife beats me all the time too, like everytime. Since the Zed came out (GPZ) she has left all other machines alone as of about 2 years now. Even beach hunting, I just can not keep up. We have both been MDing since we where kids, got our kids into it, there was a time when my two oldest ones (16 and 11) I could beat, but the 16 year old has past me now, he is getting his own Zed this christmas, now he can stop using mine.

I would say that in my defence I work alot; but who am I kidding, she is far better than I am, and my son certainly passed me up, the 11 year old is still doing great but not passed me by, she is getting the Nox 800 for Christmas.

Still got two little ones, the 5 year old is joining me and the 11 year old, just digging and pinpointing, but she loves it and the one younger seems interested.

We started late in life to have a family, waited until I retired from the Army back in 2004. So its not age slowing me down, they are just better than me, which is fine, we hunt for profit and funn, so my wife can beat me all day. I still have some use in me yet with the two little ones, got to teach them. I would guess though in about 10 more years they will have passed me up as well.

Then I will just be the water boy I guess.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cant wait to see what the two of you find.

My wife beats me all the time too, like everytime. Since the Zed came out (GPZ) she has left all other machines alone as of about 2 years now. Even beach hunting, I just can not keep up. We have both been MDing since we where kids, got our kids into it, there was a time when my two oldest ones (16 and 11) I could beat, but the 16 year old has past me now, he is getting his own Zed this christmas, now he can stop using mine.

I would say that in my defence I work alot; but who am I kidding, she is far better than I am, and my son certainly passed me up, the 11 year old is still doing great but not passed me by, she is getting the Nox 800 for Christmas.

Still got two little ones, the 5 year old is joining me and the 11 year old, just digging and pinpointing, but she loves it and the one younger seems interested.

We started late in life to have a family, waited until I retired from the Army back in 2004. So its not age slowing me down, they are just better than me, which is fine, we hunt for profit and funn, so my wife can beat me all day. I still have some use in me yet with the two little ones, got to teach them. I would guess though in about 10 more years they will have passed me up as well.

Then I will just be the water boy I guess.

hey my wife does a better job of working a spot than me. it is very cool that you and your whole family are able to hunt together like that. I talk the walk with the wife but I am always hoping that she does better than me and she does here and there. You are doing exactly what most of America should be doing but isn't, having quality time with family and on a regular basis. when you all have something in common, it makes it even easier. You get my respect for this my friend. Jerry

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Congrats. I use the same headphones and really like them too.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good show DL. 48 silvers YTD is really good. Congrats brother.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good show DL. 48 silvers YTD is really good. Congrats brother.

Thanks Tom, I counted them up and it has been 70 plus silvers from this permission so far, just plain crazy

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Tom, I counted them up and it has been 70 plus silvers from this permission so far, just plain crazy

That's what we call a honey hole. My best spot ever gave up 33 silver coins, and it was awesome, yours is twice as good. Wow man.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
now it is go slow and grid better

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty Merc! Congrats!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool you two having this same interest you cant let her win lol carry some seed coins lol

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's really cool you two having this same interest you cant let her win lol carry some seed coins lol

No seed coins needed for her, we both really like the relics and hope for them more. Of course real jewelry makes her smile too

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant for you lol just kidding

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
70 silvers from one site is really good.

Do you ever sell your finds.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
70 silvers from one site is really good.

Do you ever sell your finds.

no, I have given away a lot of things including gold rings and silver rings to people that I know will appreciate them. in fact I have several women at church that are waiting for me to find more. I speak to youth at various functions and allow them to pick out a find for themselves. it is pretty cool to see people proudly wearing something that you found. my wife still wears the 1st silver ring that I ever found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread