Didnt find that 100th coin, but what is that shiny thing down there??

Captain Clad

Sep 13, 2007
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 505, White's Bullseye II
Didn't find that 100th coin, but what is that shiny thing down there??

Hello to all --

As promised, decided to take one more look at the tot lot in our neighborhood - Admiral Abuse (wife) is back at work, I took a couple of hours to check it out and see if she left anything for me.... ;)

Started by double checking all of her hot areas from the last hunt, nothing at all left there so I started a grid search.........some misc clad, I'm on cruise control about halfway thru when I get another nickel hit -- started to move the wood chips, I swear, THEY PARTED BY THEMSELVES, this bright glow comes from the ground and I hear angels - ANGELS, I SWEAR!! - singing behind me :D :D :D and there just under the dust is the silver cross -- .925!! My first silver find!! Of course, I have to stop everything and place the obligatory "nyah nyah" call to the Admiral - must be having phone trouble, we seem to have been cut off about my third rendition >:( ;D

Remembered BDoo's crucifix & matching chain over the weekend, thought there must be a chain somewhere near, checked all around with no luck.....started back off on my "grid" about 4 rows over I get a really bouncy signal that I can't pinpoint, stuck the 'ole shovel in the ground where it started -- about 2 inches down is the clasp of a chain looking at me from the side of the hole, got it out but didn't look like it matched the cross.....until I took a closer look at the clasp and saw the same "Italy .925" markings.....YEEEEHEEEE - the matched set!! ;D ;D (Insert mental image of happy dance here)......Not much, but another "first" off the list --- silver jewelry, check -- now on to gold!

My first thought was that the cross was lost in the couple of days since we were there, but with the chain 2" down I'm not so sure.........anyway, the Admiral will certainly not hear the end of this one for a while! Good thing the couch is comfortable :D

Rest of the day was pretty dull, a bit more clad (3 qtrs, 4 dimes, 2 nickels & 5 pennies, $1.30), gives us 91 coins after three hunts -- wanted to get to that 100 mark, but we'll save that for our next hunt, I guess! By the way, popped a couple of batteries in that mini boom box (FM radio), worked like a charm......nice little John Deere tractor too, that 2-yr-old put up quite a fight ;)

The Admiral has been checking out the local parks, we'll be venturing out into the big-bad "MDing" world later in the week in an older park here in town -- another day MDing with the Admiral, can't wait -- wonder if I'll get any swinging in?? Lesche showed up tho, so I'm OK with digging for now ;D

Sorry about the color on the pics, but you get the idea (penny, of course, for size comparison).......Thanks for looking, hope everybody is finding what they're looking for!!

Steve
Captain Clad

Attachments

• 091807.JPG
    091807.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 998
  • 091807Ga.JPG
    091807Ga.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 997
Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Re: Didn't find that 100th coin, but what is that shiny thing down there??

Good job! I still haven't found a cross. I did find my 1,000th coin this past weekend and didn't even realize it. Lucky for me I looked at everyone I found and it happened to be my last coin of the day.

Keep going you will get that count.

R

RUDY2003

Woo-Hoo! Excellent diggins' bud! You are tearin' it up with the Ace.....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)

Captain,

Great story and nice find! Enjoy the couch.

rcawdorswife

Aug 26, 2007

Great find. That is a nice sturdy box chain! ;)

RCW

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Nice finds.

Shooter204

Aug 8, 2007
Central Ky
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Classic

Captain,

Great story and nice finds!
I hope you get a chance to swing but just in case you may want
to take along your mini boom box.

Shooter

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Wow, I missed this cool adventure the first go round.

It takes some serious talent and patience to dig a little box chain like that. Congrats to you big time on that and the sweet crusifix!! Aweome digs Captn C!!

:)

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Looks like a nice hunt.
March on captain.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You need to stay out of that lady's hot area and get back to metal detecting!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Awesome cross & chain...glad you dug that scratchy one. ;D Don't tick the old woman off too much, remember Lorena Bobbit!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread