Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had some extra time off this week and got out a couple hours on Thurs, Fri and the better part of Saturday, Dec. 14. Raining today - so we're inside.

From Dec. 12 I dug what I thought was auto related and in watching RelicHuntingFlorida on YouTube today, my find was identified - Schrader Universal Valve.
IMG_7055.JPG IMG_7057.JPG

On to Friday afternoon and my first stop was a median strip in Baltimore; this yielded modern coins but nothing old, so I headed north to Druid Hill Park and hunted a spot I hadn't spent much time at before. Not long in I got my first IHC, and 1892 IMG_7048.JPG .
About 3 feet away came another, this one in much better shape IMG_7050.JPG .

About 30 feet from the IHCs, a much lower tone on the Equinox (about a 14) turned out to be the front half of a copper/brass charm IMG_7051.JPG .
In the field I could make out the horse shoe part but cleaning revealed the jockey's cap and the nails in the shoe, seven in all.

Back to Herring Run Park on Saturday and made mad clad money, over 12 dollars, that included these two dollar coins:
The first came from the same street corner where I dug two the week prior, same year, but D mint IMG_7053.JPG .

A couple blocks south I got another dollar IMG_7054.JPG .

Thanks for checking out the post![SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Last edited:
Upvote 19
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Brad! Still digging! Looks like we have a good window here until the ground freezes, if it would just stop raining.....:)

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Whyme! I noted the horseshoe has 7 nail heads. Found out this is another aspect of the "luck" associated with this. HH & GL!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! Some good times digging in Baltimore.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tommy! Sort of kicked off Christmas season this past weekend with some memorable times with family and friends. Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Smokey and congrats on those "colonial" bits. You know why mine look good .... they're not farm field injuns. :)

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Rook! I keep adding to the "clad hoard"; good to get a little return for the gas to and from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread