cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 M-6's monthly finds..

This is the past few weeks of finds.. Its nice to walk across my backyard into the churchyard to hunt.. The M-6 screamed 25 cents and at 5" was my first silver ring...Ben was at 4" and the M-6 locked on him and did not waver.. Lady at 5-6" on edge same thing, there was no doubt about what it was..This is just a fun detector!!! I liked it so well I now have two for when my son joins me..Have one with the stock 9.5" coil and one with the 6x10".. By the way I do measure the depth of my finds.. Best stuff is at around 6"..
Ray

Attachments

• j.JPG
    j.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 637
  • j.JPG
    j.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 643
  • zzzzzzzzz.JPG
    zzzzzzzzz.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 635
  • tdgh.JPG
    tdgh.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 632
Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2 M-6's monthly finds..

those are some really great ones....and sure rub it in how nice it is to walk over to a church yard and hunt....lucky you!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Man that's an extremely nice haul for a month, wow.

Thanks for sharing and keep posting.

HH

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Excellent finds and have heard great things about the M-6 and your post is proof.

Shooter204

Aug 8, 2007
Central Ky
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Classic

Nice going!
I will have a m6 in a day or two, I'm looking foreword to
trying it out.
How do you like the stock coil so far?

Shooter

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I got the smaller coil..the eclipse I think its 5.3 or maybe 6.3 thats what I used today whats the difference on the one you have on yours?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What a beautiful site cosmic....Detector's and all!!I have an old church (1897) not even 100 yd.'s up the road but haven't even asked yet.Great find's with the M6.....HH!!

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I just took this picture of a ring i found MDing back in 1994, looks just like the one you found..

Attachments

• indian ring 1994.jpg
    indian ring 1994.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 424
  • index.php.jpgd.jpg
    index.php.jpgd.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 429

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Some FANTASTIC finds you have there. Congrats on the great hunts!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love those m6's my hubby thinks I am having an affair with mine.... lol

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Congrats Cosmic that M-6 seems to have done very well by you. A very nice pile of finds. Lots of nice silver coinage in that pile and a nice ring.

Rev

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Great finds! Glad to see another M6er finding good stuff. Bootybay has the 4x6 Eclipse Shooter DD coil, same one I just got. How do you like the 6x10? Looks like you have a terrific spot to detect, hope you find a lot more stuff!

OP
OP
cosmic

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like the 6x10 for trashy areas but its not as deep as the 9.5.. The depth reading is off also, but it does cover some ground.. Pinpoints right at the ears of the coil..I also have a 4x6 that never been used.. Maybe I'll put it on one of them and take it and the 6x10 nextdoor in the schoolyard(k-2) to check them out on shallow clad..Thats how to learn your detector well is with multiple good targets.. More you dig the easier to pick out the good from the trash..

Attachments

• xdriyt.JPG
    xdriyt.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 282
  • ooo.JPG
    ooo.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 279
  • ooo.JPG
    ooo.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 284
  • xdriyt.JPG
    xdriyt.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 283

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

With the 4X6 I find I have to slow way down because it will just skip over the target without a peep. You have to go r e a l l y s l o w. It does pinpoint pretty good...its so small that it would have to. LOL It does look kinda dorky after hunting with the 9.50 for so long.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

I threw a ring like that away in the ohio river --after my divorce--back in 1991 - my ex gave it to me on my 1st father day after my daughter was born --found out later she had bought two of them -- seems a few days after I left out to sea --- she had messed around with another fellow and well since she did not know "for" sure who the daddy really was got two of them --gave one to each of us told both of us --happy fathers day-- the crumb know she was married (hell --he attended the wedding as one of her "freinds" from high school ) years later as we were in the process of getting divorced the crumb told me --finally I can be with her and my child * I looked and saw the ring on his finger was the same as mine- -- I checked checked the credit card records and found the charge --for "two" rings one size 13 and another size 9 bought the same day--she was a stay at home mom -- so in effect I bought his ring -- ( I had the court order DNA testing for both my kids which I paid $500 each --so that they and I both would know for sure "who's" your daddy-- she was madder hell -- since she her self wasn't sure -- it turns out I was for both kids ) after the divorce I left ohio and went to florida as I went over the bridge from ohio to kentucky I flung it into the river off the bridge into the ohio river -- since I couldn't stand to look at it anymore.

it was bought in the 80's and was 14 k white gold --most likely yours is too and it was not a cheap ring either

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That M-6 must be a killer machine. Great finds .

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Ive had my M6 for over a year now. I've hunted CW relics and 1800 farms as well as for clad. Its a great turn on and go machine, no learning curve required. I've hunted beside one of my best friends with his Explorror II and have matched him find for find in CW camps, it digs as deep and the pin pointing is alot more accurate. I've hunted with MXT users and fisher users and the coin shark Ace. This machine holds its own with the high end machines and way out preforms against the lower doller ones. As far as a mid range (dollar) machine you cannot go wrong. Here in a few months im going to buy me the T2 that is in the same price range, ive heard amazing things about it, but ill be sure to post back here on my findings. On a side note, I have been lucky enough to pay off this machine within the first 2 or 3 months of owning it, and my Whites Prism took me exactly 2 weeks to pay off with the bullet in my avitar......HH.....Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions