One Christmas Gift Found It, Another Gift Cleaned It!

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Mrs. Claus gave me the 6 inch coil for the Equinox as a Christmas gift this year. I walked no more than 30 yards into a spot that is fairly trashy that I’ve worked before. The 6 inch coil hit a hard, solid 21 on the VDI target mixed in with the trash that I knew would be a coin. First hole dug with the new coil and I recover this IHP.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546119897.603458.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546119921.670298.jpg

I cleaned the coin with my other Christmas gift that was given to me by a relative.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546119988.194528.jpg

These are awesome, unfortunately the reverse side of the coin is corroded which no amount of cleaning can fix. The obverse side however was cleaned using only the crayon and the results are amazing! Good luck and happy hunting into the New Year everyone!

Upvote 13

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mrs. Claus gave me the 6 inch coil for the Equinox as a Christmas gift this year. I walked no more than 30 yards into a spot that is fairly trashy that I’ve worked before. The 6 inch coil hit a hard, solid 21 on the VDI target mixed in with the trash that I knew would be a coin. First hole dug with the new coil and I recover this IHP.

View attachment 1665027

View attachment 1665028

I cleaned the coin with my other Christmas gift that was given to me by a relative.

View attachment 1665029

These are awesome, unfortunately the reverse side of the coin is corroded which no amount of cleaning can fix. The obverse side however was cleaned using only the crayon and the results are amazing! Good luck and happy hunting into the New Year everyone!

Fantastic! Congrats on the IHP, but bigger congrats on having loved ones who know you well enough to choose the perfect gifts!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and nice cleaning job. I really like the Andres pencils. If they can't clean a coin, nothing will.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find with the six inch coil. I gotta get me some andres pencils.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save. I like the Andres in conjunction with a fiberglass pen. Like the euro tool

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job sweeeeeet coil those will help a lot in trashy areas Good luck for 2019

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread