Possible Fragment of AUGUST 25, 2017 FIREBALL WITNESSED BY 1000’s, NE Pennsylvania!

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok so on 1/1/2019 I went out on a hunt that ended out kinda too muddy for my liking so I ventured into the woods to maybe catch a good signal...this is why I uncovered barely beneath the surface.. E3EFD9A8-015B-4B5B-85FF-2EBF010FA72E.jpeg 9D2859D8-A1E2-4260-AACE-F59E89E99EE1.jpeg 633B7702-0C28-4096-9467-2C816BF52284.jpeg

*super dense/heavy for its size!
*rips Neodymium magnet from my hand
*super shiny where I shaved off an area
*has fusion crust
*has small indentations covering entire surface

NO DOUBTING THIS BEAUTIFUL THING I JUST NEED SOME IMPROSSIBLE TO OBTAIN NITRIC ACID TO REVEAL ITS WIDMANSTATTENPATTERN!!!!!
My first ever Meteorite find SINCE SEARCHING BEGAN IN 2011!!!!

Upvote 29

Switchblade

Sep 6, 2018
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find! I'm not too far away from you in Nazareth. Hit me up if you want to dig.

OP
OP
D

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I emailed Dr. Stefan Nicolesco of Yale University Peabody Museum of Natural History, I sent him a few photos and he literally called me within 20minutes and asked me to bring it in to run XRF scan on it and if it contains Nickel he said it’s definitely the real deal. We agreed that I would cut a small piece off and I will be sending it off tomorrow. Wish me luck I don’t even want to know cause I been let down so many times! This is definitely by far the closest and most interest rendered in what I felt was a meteorite....
So I wanted to keep all up to date on the progress, stay tuned....wish me luck!!! This would literally be # 9 in found in Pennsylvania. Thanks again to all you guys. I’ll be shipping it overnight cause I am too eager..

OP
OP
D

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Ed Hartzel for helping me connect with a professional. It was pretty cool talking to someone of his stature and he was surprised how knowledgeable I was with Meteorites and what to look for..

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for likely search areas in my location. Sadly these fireball type meteor sightings don’t result in any local “hits”.
Southern California has many.

OP
OP
D

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the results from the X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer test were given to me by the professional. Negative for Nickel. It’s was disappointing but it’s what it is. Sorry to all you, but thank everyone for the support. I will never give in until I find one in this state of Pennsylvania. Thanks again

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looked good! I have to get back to the old- before fatherhood days when I used to keep a bag packed to go rushing off in case there was a bolide reported in the area! Let’s get together some time and find a strune field!!

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AND- absolutely NO reason to be sorry at all! That was an exciting find and process! You did well, and we enjoyed the ride with you! They are here, and more are coming- we just need to find them!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the results from the X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer test were given to me by the professional. Negative for Nickel. It’s was disappointing but it’s what it is. Sorry to all you, but thank everyone for the support. I will never give in until I find one in this state of Pennsylvania. Thanks again

Thanks for taking the time to follow through and give an update.
Excitement was there either way.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up, they're still out there!

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will find one Im sure don't give up!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread