False hope and a false quarter

Renaebri

Apr 11, 2018
florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
kind of a sad hunt today. Theres this house I've looked at on the maps but could never figure out how to get to it since it's on a lake with yards of woods and private roads guarding it on the other side. Well, we searched on the property appraiser website for somewhere to go and seen there were new mark's on the map as if houses were going to be there and a path that went all the way back to that old farm house. Yes!!! Finally a way to get back there. But- too late. They had already torn down the house, put many layers of dirt on top and pipes for new houses. :sadsmiley: what a shame..

Anyway, we didnt want to disturb the construction or the grass they planted so there wasnt much to be detected except a small patch of woods and whatever sandy patches there were. Some old glass, ceramic and pieces of brick were on the top but didnt have any luck with much else. Found an old hinge and gear thing, an AAA coin purse that seems kinda old but it says the name of my town so I'm not posting it, and this "false pecunia" 1953 toy quarter.

20190108_215726.jpg 20190108_215838.jpg

So many relics buried forever :c

Upvote 11

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Try!!! At least something . Congrats !!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not for lack of effort your a true blue treasure. hunter

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

Renaebri

Apr 11, 2018
florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, it is something! Really wish I could've seen the old house, but there will be plenty other old houses. I hope someone got to detect it at some point lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread