This is the White Whale of CW Buttons for this Louisiana Boy!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possum and I went to my permission and being that he just got his Deus I suggested he go to the iron pit where I’ve found 2 Half Dimes and 2 Half Reals and 1443 rusty iron nails. He told me he spoke with Calabash who suggested he put the Deus in 20 kHz in the heavy iron. Now I’ve never taken the 800 out of multi so I said heck I’m gonna try 20 kHz and proceeded to the dreaded iron field that I haven’t found anything else there in 6 months. Well my very first hole was a Civil War Confederate Louisiana Seal Pelican Coat Button!!!!! I couldn’t believe it we where like two school boys who saw a voluptuous woman. Lol I also squeaked out this small flower button and a 2 ringer that also looks special not sure. This is one of the best day of my life. I don’t see a back mark and I’m to scared to to anything else at this time. Any suggestions are always appreciated. I’d like to thank Possum for being there so I could share a once in a lifetime experience with someone and not be alone. Truly a out of body experience. Thank you all and Tnet for giving a platform to share my joy. IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_1610.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 61
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice. Do not clean it and you might want to coat it with Elmer's glue. That comes off in water if you want to but since CW buttons can be quite delicate I generally use matt finish polyurethane for my eagle buttons.

I have to admit this one’s pretty solid I don’t believe it has a black mark on it and it has the rope border with no rays in the center near the shank but I can’t find a variety.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding find. Great work on saving our history.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possum and I went to my permission and being that he just got his Deus I suggested he go to the iron pit where I’ve found 2 Half Dimes and 2 Half Reals and 1443 rusty iron nails. He told me he spoke with Calabash who suggested he put the Deus in 20 kHz in the heavy iron. Now I’ve never taken the 800 out of multi so I said heck I’m gonna try 20 kHz and proceeded to the dreaded iron field that I haven’t found anything else there in 6 months. Well my very first hole was a Civil War Confederate Louisiana Seal Pelican Coat Button!!!!! I couldn’t believe it we where like two school boys who saw a voluptuous woman. Lol I also squeaked out this small flower button and a 2 ringer that also looks special not sure. This is one of the best day of my life. I don’t see a back mark and I’m to scared to to anything else at this time. Any suggestions are always appreciated. I’d like to thank Possum for being there so I could share a once in a lifetime experience with someone and not be alone. Truly a out of body experience. Thank you all and Tnet for giving a platform to share my joy. View attachment 1669579 View attachment 1669580 View attachment 1669581 View attachment 1669582 View attachment 1669583 View attachment 1669584 View attachment 1669585 View attachment 1669586
OMG you Lucky Sum B !&$%CH! SO nice

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relics! :occasion14:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
That thing is a beauty, heck ya. Way to go T. You just keep upping the ante over there. That’s one hell of a historical find. Congrats my friend! [emoji106]

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s one heck of a nice button! Congratulations! I’ve been hunting for a long time (1977) and have only found seven confederate buttons. There’s nothing like the moment that you realize what you just dug and it came from a time that our people fought for what was right. Banner vote already submitted and I hope you get it. Good luck!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s one heck of a nice button! Congratulations! I’ve been hunting for a long time (1977) and have only found seven confederate buttons. There’s nothing like the moment that you realize what you just dug and it came from a time that our people fought for what was right. Banner vote already submitted and I hope you get it. Good luck!

I truly truly appreciate that GaRebel. It’s so rare to find these buttons in Louisiana. Lol I appreciate that kind gesture [emoji1317]

And yes it was a amazing feeling walking on sunshine.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, eye poppin, heart throbbing find for you there truth. As I've told you before , you are one dedicated hunter and deserve the good stuff! You da man.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill say. This may be a Banner I have not seen but one other.

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CONGRATULATIONS!!! By sharing this rare find, you have helped me learn. What an amazing history there is in the history of your saved relic; and what fun to share in your joy! BANNER.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions