Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: This is the White Whale of CW Buttons for this Louisiana Boy!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    19886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains View Post
    I love that Pelican button. It rates up their with the script "A's" in my book. Great hunt! Lots of nice relics coming out of the deep south this season and your is one of them!
    HH
    TnMtns
    Thanks you Tnmountains we never see the around these parts. Iím about 60 miles outside New Orleans. It was a honor to find in it within all those nails. And the erect shank was a bonus,
    Possum and Tnmountains like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    19886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick79 View Post
    Hot digging dog that's a great find! Good shape too, congrats Truth!
    Thanks Nick79 Iím blessed and got extremely lucky which helps lol
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    19886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckleBoy View Post
    Great find!! Looks excellent as is and no donít use glue or polyurethane on it!! No collie for wants to buy a button with either of those on it. I wouldnít clean it any more. Strange that the back is blank, it looks like one of those imported sideways pelicans but I thought most of them bore back marks. Iíll look it up for ya tomorrow.

in the meantime, congrats!
    Thanks BuckleBoy and congratulations to you as well. You got 2 banner votes from from your amazing day. That tag just blew my doors off.

Itís a 22mm with no back marks, rope boarder, no rays around center shank. I got a headache looking for it. Lol Where they all gilted?
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    19886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by pa-dirt_nc-sand View Post
    So now I have to rehit all my old iron infested sites at 20 kHz? Interesting. Huge congrats on your special LA CW button!!!
    I think you should pa-dirt. I was in 20 kHz, Field 2, iron bias 1, sensitivity 23, recovery speed 6, auto GB. I really did dig less iron as well.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Aug 2007
    Western New York
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800
    4588 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow nice button! Congrats!
    Truth1253, Possum and A2coins like this.

WhyMe

CTX-3030, Equinox 800

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    19886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    Wow nice button! Congrats!
    Thank you Whyme
    A2coins likes this.

Excellent find Truth. Congrats on that great button.
    Truth1253 and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    14001 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    nice button!!!
    Hoping to join the Marines one day

'Give me liberty or death'. Patrick Henry

us
    Dec 2016
    Central NJ
    Garrett ACE 350 Equinox 800
    797 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Possum and I went to my permission and being that he just got his Deus I suggested he go to the iron pit where I’ve found 2 Half Dimes and 2 Half Reals and 1443 rusty iron nails. He told me he spoke with Calabash who suggested he put the Deus in 20 kHz in the heavy iron. Now I’ve never taken the 800 out of multi so I said heck I’m gonna try 20 kHz and proceeded to the dreaded iron field that I haven’t found anything else there in 6 months. Well my very first hole was a Civil War Confederate Louisiana Seal Pelican Coat Button!!!!! I couldn’t believe it we where like two school boys who saw a voluptuous woman. Lol I also squeaked out this small flower button and a 2 ringer that also looks special not sure. This is one of the best day of my life. I don’t see a back mark and I’m to scared to to anything else at this time. Any suggestions are always appreciated. I’d like to thank Possum for being there so I could share a once in a lifetime experience with someone and not be alone. Truly a out of body experience. Thank you all and Tnet for giving a platform to share my joy. Attachment 1669579Attachment 1669580Attachment 1669581Attachment 1669582Attachment 1669583Attachment 1669584Attachment 1669585Attachment 1669586
    Beautiful button Truth! I am also trying to figure out the 800's frequencies. I always use multi and turn down sensitivity in trash or iron. Yesterday I was along a 350 year old road with lots of modern trash. I fiddled with the frequencies but I'm afraid I'll miss something. I read the directions on the spot but that didn't help. I'm going back there today and I'll try 20khz. You never know. If anyone can explain frequencies in laymens terms I'd appreciate it. Good luck out there. GM
    Last edited by Gene Mean; Jan 10, 2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Truth1253, A2coins and Possum like this.

ca
    Feb 2017
    XP DEUS X terra 705 Fisher F2
    2520 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Congrats on that awesome pelican button
    To Dig or not to Dig

us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus, Fisher 1270
    6299 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    No lie Truth, you have got yourself a fine looking button with that Pelican!
    Possum, Truth1253 and A2coins like this.
    Spanish Silver Totals
    Cut Pieces = 19
    Half Reals = 29
    1 Reals = 11
    2 Reales = 6
    8 Reales = 1
    2 Reale Cobs = 2
    Other Early Silver Coins
    1797 & 1803 Draped Bust Dimes
    1830 Capped Bust 5 cents
    1827 Capped Bust dime
    1661 Hammered silver King Leopold
    1697 William III 6-pence
    Rev War Buttons
    3rd Battalion PA, Hartley's Regiment, USA, (4) 18th Royal Irish, (2) Rattlesnake & Stars
    Civil War Plates
    VA Militia Cross Belt, CS Tongue, CS Wreath, VMM, US Box, Model 1851 Sword, Militia Plate w/Star

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    20329 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Possum and I went to my permission and being that he just got his Deus I suggested he go to the iron pit where I’ve found 2 Half Dimes and 2 Half Reals and 1443 rusty iron nails. He told me he spoke with Calabash who suggested he put the Deus in 20 kHz in the heavy iron. Now I’ve never taken the 800 out of multi so I said heck I’m gonna try 20 kHz and proceeded to the dreaded iron field that I haven’t found anything else there in 6 months. Well my very first hole was a Civil War Confederate Louisiana Seal Pelican Coat Button!!!!! I couldn’t believe it we where like two school boys who saw a voluptuous woman. Lol I also squeaked out this small flower button and a 2 ringer that also looks special not sure. This is one of the best day of my life. I don’t see a back mark and I’m to scared to to anything else at this time. Any suggestions are always appreciated. I’d like to thank Possum for being there so I could share a once in a lifetime experience with someone and not be alone. Truly a out of body experience. Thank you all and Tnet for giving a platform to share my joy. Attachment 1669579Attachment 1669580Attachment 1669581Attachment 1669582Attachment 1669583Attachment 1669584Attachment 1669585Attachment 1669586
    Wow that thing looks old was the grey shirt on it when you found it lol This looks like its gonna be a killer year for you and Possum Thanks for sharing your finds you gat a cool state to hunt in Im going to need to travel to find stuff like that,, Well done nice display piece My friend
    Possum and Truth1253 like this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    19886 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    No lie Truth, you have got yourself a fine looking button with that Pelican!
    Thanks Steve itís that first second glance and that feeling you get like OMG!!! Did I just see what I thought I saw? Then you peek again and itís euphoria and laughter I just love that natural high.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    MS, Lynchberg
    XP DEUS
    2511 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congrats on finding your white whale Dean. That is a really nice Looking Pelican button.
    Another day older and deeper in debt.

us
    Feb 2014
    Lowcountry, South Carolina
    CTX-3030, Deus XP HF Round/Elliptical, White's TRX Pinpointer
    5013 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    20 khz does seem to be a optimal on iron with the Deus - swinging the round HF in 28 most of the time. Congrats on saving that beautiful pelican from the iron, state military buttons will always hold a special place for those that dig them in their native soil. Congrats on checking that one off the bucket list.
    2019 Best Coins

-1695 William III Halfpenny
    -1722 Rosa Americana

2019 Best Relics

-SC 3rd Regiment of Rangers Button
    -3rd American Regiment Button (NY Volunteers)
    -Colonial Pewter Ingot
    -Southern #8 Hat Badge
    -Federal GS Eagle buttons

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links