This is the White Whale of CW Buttons for this Louisiana Boy!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possum and I went to my permission and being that he just got his Deus I suggested he go to the iron pit where I’ve found 2 Half Dimes and 2 Half Reals and 1443 rusty iron nails. He told me he spoke with Calabash who suggested he put the Deus in 20 kHz in the heavy iron. Now I’ve never taken the 800 out of multi so I said heck I’m gonna try 20 kHz and proceeded to the dreaded iron field that I haven’t found anything else there in 6 months. Well my very first hole was a Civil War Confederate Louisiana Seal Pelican Coat Button!!!!! I couldn’t believe it we where like two school boys who saw a voluptuous woman. Lol I also squeaked out this small flower button and a 2 ringer that also looks special not sure. This is one of the best day of my life. I don’t see a back mark and I’m to scared to to anything else at this time. Any suggestions are always appreciated. I’d like to thank Possum for being there so I could share a once in a lifetime experience with someone and not be alone. Truly a out of body experience. Thank you all and Tnet for giving a platform to share my joy. IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_1610.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 61

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that thing looks old was the grey shirt on it when you found it lol This looks like its gonna be a killer year for you and Possum Thanks for sharing your finds you gat a cool state to hunt in Im going to need to travel to find stuff like that,, Well done nice display piece My friend

Tommy,

If you're ever down this way you know all ya have to do is give us a shout and I'm sure we'll find some place to go do some swinging, you're always welcome and I know Truth would make the same offer!!!

"D"

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an LA220As8 cuff button blank backmark in Tice’s book. BIG congrats!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20 khz does seem to be a optimal on iron with the Deus - swinging the round HF in 28 most of the time. Congrats on saving that beautiful pelican from the iron, state military buttons will always hold a special place for those that dig them in their native soil. Congrats on checking that one off the bucket list.

Yeah VMI the state military relic holds a special place in one’s heart. Amazing feeling.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an LA220As8 cuff button blank backmark in Tice’s book. BIG congrats!

I know which one your talking about BuckleBoy but that one’s 13 mm this one’s a coat button 22-23 mm. IMG_1643.jpg
That blank back has me thrown off
Can you check this one out for me IMG_1644.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tommy,

If you're ever down this way you know all ya have to do is give us a shout and I'm sure we'll find some place to go do some swinging, you're always welcome and I know Truth would make the same offer!!!

"D"

Not to mention Possum we’ll throw him one hell of a crab and shrimp boil

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys same back at ya!!!!!!Tommy

NOLA.river.rat

Apr 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Truth! You deserved it with all of your dedicated hard work. I bet you will be smiling for days!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one! Congrats.

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing your historically important find.

I truly believe God was helping you swing when you heard that special tone.

Last edited:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I don't know how I managed to miss this yesterday. Big Congrats on your White Whale..er..Brass Pelican!!!!!! :headbang:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW!.. You Rocked It With That Find T! Banner, No Doubt!

Congratulations! That's a Rare One To Recover!

This is on your nightstand...A cannonball on your pillow..lol! You're gonna have to get a Man Cave with all these killer finds or Mrs T might not be as happy as you are! lol!

I'm Happy For You T!

Kace

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!.. You Rocked It With That Find T! Banner, No Doubt!

Congratulations! That's a Rare One To Recover!

This is on your nightstand...A cannonball on your pillow..lol! You're gonna have to get a Man Cave with all these killer finds or Mrs T might not be as happy as you are! lol!

I'm Happy For You T!

Kace

Hey Kace I appreciate that banner nod you don’t know how much that means to me I work hard and I’m glad lock was on my side that day I’m truly blessed once again I appreciate you.
And yes my man cave is filling up I might need to take her closet LOL

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Kace I appreciate that banner nod you don’t know how much that means to me I work hard and I’m glad lock was on my side that day I’m truly blessed once again I appreciate you.
And yes my man cave is filling up I might need to take her closet LOL

I can honestly say If you even move a shoe in her closet for a relic you find... Better have a comfy bed in that Man Cave! lol!

I love relics, cars, bikes, artifacts etc myself and I have a Dynamite Diva Den...I don't want anyone messing with my stuff! HA!

Kace

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations Truth! You deserved it with all of your dedicated hard work. I bet you will be smiling for days!

NOLA, he was smiling like a mule eating briars!!! lol2.gif

"D"

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can honestly say If you even move a shoe in her closet for a relic you find... Better have a comfy bed in that Man Cave! lol!

I love relics, cars, bikes, artifacts etc myself and I have a Dynamite Diva Den...I don't want anyone messing with my stuff! HA!

Kace

I’m was born in 69 so my childhood growing up was 70 & 80’s. My office has everything from Civil War to KISS [emoji182]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions