Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: This is the White Whale of CW Buttons for this Louisiana Boy!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting

This is the White Whale of CW Buttons for this Louisiana Boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    WOW!.. You Rocked It With That Find T! Banner, No Doubt!

Congratulations! That's a Rare One To Recover!

This is on your nightstand...A cannonball on your pillow..lol! You're gonna have to get a Man Cave with all these killer finds or Mrs T might not be as happy as you are! lol!

I'm Happy For You T!

Kace
    Hey Kace I appreciate that banner nod you don’t know how much that means to me I work hard and I’m glad lock was on my side that day I’m truly blessed once again I appreciate you.
    And yes my man cave is filling up I might need to take her closet LOL
    Kace and Possum like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3512 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Hey Kace I appreciate that banner nod you don’t know how much that means to me I work hard and I’m glad lock was on my side that day I’m truly blessed once again I appreciate you.
    And yes my man cave is filling up I might need to take her closet LOL
    I can honestly say If you even move a shoe in her closet for a relic you find... Better have a comfy bed in that Man Cave! lol!

I love relics, cars, bikes, artifacts etc myself and I have a Dynamite Diva Den...I don't want anyone messing with my stuff! HA!

Kace
    Possum and Truth1253 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    “Never argue with a fool. Onlooker may not be able to tell the difference.” Mark Twain

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Compadre' and Tesoro Cortes.
    1464 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA.river.rat View Post
    Congratulations Truth! You deserved it with all of your dedicated hard work. I bet you will be smiling for days!
    NOLA, he was smiling like a mule eating briars!!! Name:  lol2.gif
Views: 30
Size:  756 Bytes

"D"
    Truth1253 and Kace like this.

"Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!!!" Psalms 33:12

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

Founder / CEO of the "Indian Creek Historical Society"

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting
    I can honestly say If you even move a shoe in her closet for a relic you find... Better have a comfy bed in that Man Cave! lol!

I love relics, cars, bikes, artifacts etc myself and I have a Dynamite Diva Den...I don't want anyone messing with my stuff! HA!

Kace
    I’m was born in 69 so my childhood growing up was 70 & 80’s. My office has everything from Civil War to KISS
    Kace likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    NOLA, he was smiling like a mule eating briars!!! Name:  lol2.gif
Views: 30
Size:  756 Bytes

"D"
    Made this Ol’ Swamp Donkey’s Day Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1610.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	511.4 KB 
ID:	1670183

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    MOx2--KS
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    3512 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I’m was born in 69 so my childhood growing up was 70 & 80’s. My office has everything from Civil War to KISS
    I hear ya...I'm a little more country than KISS music...except I like their costumes and shows. They are coming to KC and I'm seriously thinking about going...haha! Have you ever seen the KISS Coffin? Unbelievable! Gene markets Everything!

Kace
    Possum and Truth1253 like this.

us
    Apr 2014
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold
    599 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congrats on the Louisiana! Beautiful button too.
    Possum and Kace like this.
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    White's DFX
    4911 times
    In case no one else has said it, congratulations on an excellent find! It wasn't that long ago you were asking about items you saw on the internet and was interested in buying them. Isn't it a million times better to find it?
    Truth1253, Kace and Possum like this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting
    I hear ya...I'm a little more country than KISS music...except I like their costumes and shows. They are coming to KC and I'm seriously thinking about going...haha! Have you ever seen the KISS Coffin? Unbelievable! Gene markets Everything!

Kace
    Go! A KISS concert is the Best Show On Earth
    Kace likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    In case no one else has said it, congratulations on an excellent find! It wasn't that long ago you were asking about items you saw on the internet and was interested in buying them. Isn't it a million times better to find it?
    furffytr1 is amazing! I was thinking about that after I found it.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5251 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Truth,

It was an honor to be with you today and see the look on your face and see your excitement when you unearthed that beautiful Louisiana Pelican button!!! To most it may not seem like such a big deal but for us Louisiana boy’s it’s like finding the “Golden Chalice” of buttons.

Most Louisiana troops, as well as other southern state troops were moved to the north to fight where the main part of the war was taking place. One famous group of Louisiana troops were called “Lee’s Tiger’s or Lee's Tiger Brigade” but there were many more sent North, therefore it’s a once in a life time find for most of us down here to unearth a “Pelican Button”, especially one in that great of shape, with beautiful patina and an intact shank.

Therefore, even though most may not agree with me, I’m voting “BANNER” on Truths “Pelican Button” because it’s so hard for us to find them down here, especially in that great of shape. I hope I have the support of those who know how hard Truth hunts and the great finds he posts, but this one is far above and beyond anything he’s posted in the past, at least in my opinion.

Even if he doesn’t get Banner for the “Pelican Button” it’s going to get a “Banner Display” in our fledgling Historical Society that he’s helped me start and has participated in every educational function / event we’ve had displaying what few relics and historical artifacts we have, teaching kid’s as well as adults our hobby and explaining to them what our history was actually about and not what they’re being taught in the schools today. His button will be something these folks can actually see firsthand, an actual confederate artifact that was once worn on the uniform of a Louisiana soldier that was more than likely heading to the north to proudly fight for his state and a cause that he believed in.

Truth, whether or not you get “Banner” here on T-net doesn’t matter in my book, even though I hope you do, because I feel you deserve it, you’ve definitely received banner in my eye’s and once again Congratulations and as I said before it was and honor to be there with you when you unearthed that beautiful Louisiana Pelican Button!!!

“D”

Gentlemen .
    I concur on just how hard it is to find such a LA Button & in LA as most troops went NE , Ill dig until I find one or pass away along with a MS , SC , NC , AL , + & the condition is incredible for a 2019 find , Def, A Banner find , I love the pistol bullet as well . ( a beautiful patina-ed 44 cal Colt Army.).
    Truth1253 and Possum like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting

This is the White Whale of CW Buttons for this Louisiana Boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Gentlemen .
    I concur on just how hard it is to find such a LA Button & in LA as most troops went NE , Ill dig until I find one or pass away along with a MS , SC , NC , AL , + & the condition is incredible for a 2019 find , Def, A Banner find , I love the pistol bullet as well . ( a beautiful patina-ed 44 cal Colt Army.).
    Thanks Davers for the Banner nod it means the world to me and yes I know no one except BuckleBoy who’s found one and we all know he’s found just about everything lol Also thanks for the info on that bullet I found another one today )

Thank you so much
    Possum and Davers like this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thank you to everyone who gave me a banner nod if you new how hard it is to find our own soldiers buttons you would understand. Thank you I’m very humbled.

Amazing find! congrats on a well deserved banner button!
    Truth1253 likes this.
    My YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/heavyme..._as=subscriber
    2018 coppers 25 & 1 GW button
    2017 coppers 24 & 1/2
    2016 large coppers 36
    2015 large coppers 15
    2014 large coppers 69 * 1 GW button
    2013 large coppers 57 1/4 * silvers-9* IH's-36 -1 gold ring 6 GW's
    2012 large coppers 92 * SILVERS 33 * IH'S 28 1 GW button
    2011 large coppers 80 3/4*SILVERS 49* IH'S 73 2 GW's
    2010 large coppers 34 1 GW button
    WHITE'S MACHINES- MXT-All Pro, MX Sport,XLT,TRX pin pointer

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    17092 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    Amazing find! congrats on a well deserved banner button!
    Thank you so much HEAVYMETALNUT I really really appreciate the banner nod it’s means the world to me.
    Davers likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links