This is the White Whale of CW Buttons for this Louisiana Boy!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possum and I went to my permission and being that he just got his Deus I suggested he go to the iron pit where I’ve found 2 Half Dimes and 2 Half Reals and 1443 rusty iron nails. He told me he spoke with Calabash who suggested he put the Deus in 20 kHz in the heavy iron. Now I’ve never taken the 800 out of multi so I said heck I’m gonna try 20 kHz and proceeded to the dreaded iron field that I haven’t found anything else there in 6 months. Well my very first hole was a Civil War Confederate Louisiana Seal Pelican Coat Button!!!!! I couldn’t believe it we where like two school boys who saw a voluptuous woman. Lol I also squeaked out this small flower button and a 2 ringer that also looks special not sure. This is one of the best day of my life. I don’t see a back mark and I’m to scared to to anything else at this time. Any suggestions are always appreciated. I’d like to thank Possum for being there so I could share a once in a lifetime experience with someone and not be alone. Truly a out of body experience. Thank you all and Tnet for giving a platform to share my joy. IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_1610.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 61

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m was born in 69 so my childhood growing up was 70 & 80’s. My office has everything from Civil War to KISS [emoji182]

I hear ya...I'm a little more country than KISS music...except I like their costumes and shows. They are coming to KC and I'm seriously thinking about going...haha! Have you ever seen the KISS Coffin? Unbelievable! Gene markets Everything!

Kace

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the Louisiana! Beautiful button too.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case no one else has said it, congratulations on an excellent find! It wasn't that long ago you were asking about items you saw on the internet and was interested in buying them. Isn't it a million times better to find it?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear ya...I'm a little more country than KISS music...except I like their costumes and shows. They are coming to KC and I'm seriously thinking about going...haha! Have you ever seen the KISS Coffin? Unbelievable! Gene markets Everything!

Kace

Go! A KISS concert is the Best Show On Earth [emoji290]

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In case no one else has said it, congratulations on an excellent find! It wasn't that long ago you were asking about items you saw on the internet and was interested in buying them. Isn't it a million times better to find it?

furffytr1 is amazing! I was thinking about that after I found it.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth,

It was an honor to be with you today and see the look on your face and see your excitement when you unearthed that beautiful Louisiana Pelican button!!! To most it may not seem like such a big deal but for us Louisiana boy’s it’s like finding the “Golden Chalice” of buttons.

Most Louisiana troops, as well as other southern state troops were moved to the north to fight where the main part of the war was taking place. One famous group of Louisiana troops were called “Lee’s Tiger’s or Lee's Tiger Brigade” but there were many more sent North, therefore it’s a once in a life time find for most of us down here to unearth a “Pelican Button”, especially one in that great of shape, with beautiful patina and an intact shank.

Therefore, even though most may not agree with me, I’m voting “BANNER” on Truths “Pelican Button” because it’s so hard for us to find them down here, especially in that great of shape. I hope I have the support of those who know how hard Truth hunts and the great finds he posts, but this one is far above and beyond anything he’s posted in the past, at least in my opinion.

Even if he doesn’t get Banner for the “Pelican Button” it’s going to get a “Banner Display” in our fledgling Historical Society that he’s helped me start and has participated in every educational function / event we’ve had displaying what few relics and historical artifacts we have, teaching kid’s as well as adults our hobby and explaining to them what our history was actually about and not what they’re being taught in the schools today. His button will be something these folks can actually see firsthand, an actual confederate artifact that was once worn on the uniform of a Louisiana soldier that was more than likely heading to the north to proudly fight for his state and a cause that he believed in.

Truth, whether or not you get “Banner” here on T-net doesn’t matter in my book, even though I hope you do, because I feel you deserve it, you’ve definitely received banner in my eye’s and once again Congratulations and as I said before it was and honor to be there with you when you unearthed that beautiful Louisiana Pelican Button!!!

“D”

Gentlemen .
I concur on just how hard it is to find such a LA Button & in LA as most troops went NE , Ill dig until I find one or pass away along with a MS , SC , NC , AL , + & the condition is incredible for a 2019 find , Def, A Banner find , I love the pistol bullet as well . ( a beautiful patina-ed 44 cal Colt Army.).

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gentlemen .
I concur on just how hard it is to find such a LA Button & in LA as most troops went NE , Ill dig until I find one or pass away along with a MS , SC , NC , AL , + & the condition is incredible for a 2019 find , Def, A Banner find , I love the pistol bullet as well . ( a beautiful patina-ed 44 cal Colt Army.).

Thanks Davers for the Banner nod it means the world to me and yes I know no one except BuckleBoy who’s found one and we all know he’s found just about everything lol Also thanks for the info on that bullet I found another one today :))

Thank you so much

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you to everyone who gave me a banner nod if you new how hard it is to find our own soldiers buttons you would understand. Thank you I’m very humbled.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing find! congrats on a well deserved banner button!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner on the button, and even more important great work with the historical side of things. That's great stuff for our future diggers. Congrats buddy !!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE!!! I sent a email to a Louisiana CW Expert in Baton Rouge La and showed him my button because I couldn’t find it. Well he was kind enough to email me back. Here’s what he said.

“Hello,

It had a backmark originally, you just can't see it now. Would have been a Scovill backmark. It is LA221 in Tice or LA 6A in Albert's. Hope you can find another at the spot. Best, Jim” IMG_1689.jpg

Best news had all day!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Banner on the button, and even more important great work with the historical side of things. That's great stuff for our future diggers. Congrats buddy !!

Thanks Blak bart for the banner nod. The kids are great, a little pale and soft from being inside playing video games looking like a piece of veal, but Possum and I are getting them excited on actual REAL stuff and history. Your nod means a lot to me.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
way to go!!!! A lifetime find. If calabash says it, I will definitely try running 20 khz on some of my relic hunt. Would nice to find any CW button. So far I am on skunked on CW relics but I hope that will change with the 800 and my 15" coils and my recently acquired knowledge of the 800. Starting to feel real comfortable with it.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Done once again Truth. Great looking button and a piece of our Confetrit' History. Congrat's.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
way to go!!!! A lifetime find. If calabash says it, I will definitely try running 20 khz on some of my relic hunt. Would nice to find any CW button. So far I am on skunked on CW relics but I hope that will change with the 800 and my 15" coils and my recently acquired knowledge of the 800. Starting to feel real comfortable with it.

It’s been working for me I have a lot of hours on the 800 and am starting to get the language. 20 kHz is really helping me in the iron.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Done once again Truth. Great looking button and a piece of our Confetrit' History. Congrat's.

Thanks devldog is very very rare in my parts. I’m still admiring it. One of the best days of my life. The feeling was a dopamine dump. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions