Scouting new area, brothers farm, found a few Minnies and a what is it

Whippetdog

Sep 19, 2005
Newport News, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Ace 250, Vibra-Probe 560
finally got to scout my brothers old farm. Farm has been around since before Civil War. It is located near a battle from the Peninsular Campaign. Was only able to hunt around the old farmhouse and barn area and the edges of the fields. The fields have not been cultivated yet. Still has crops down, but I had to get out today. Weather was too nice not too.

Some promising finds, some musket balls, 3 ringers, schrapnel, knife blade, and a what is it. Place has potential when fields are cleared. ;D

G

Attachments

• DSC04762.JPG
    DSC04762.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, hit it hard when the crops are out.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Yup, definatley. If you found 6 in such a small area, there are bound to be quite a bit out in those fields.

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
I noticed the seal of the state of Texas on one Item. Any more info about the time of the battle and units involved?

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job Gary! That "Whats It" Has State of Texas emblazoned across it with the Star!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds! Does look like a watch FOB. Figure out where the clothes line was and where the outhouse was, should produce a few nice coins. Consider digging the outhouse. Nice site you have, lots of potential. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Whippetdog

Whippetdog

Sep 19, 2005
Newport News, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Ace 250, Vibra-Probe 560
The watch fob does say State of Texas on it. There was some Texas soldiers involved. Brig General John Bells Hood's Texas Brigade was involved in the action.

The write up on the Battle of Elthams Landing states the the Texas Brigade really shown how effective a fighting force it was. Would be neat if it was from one of those soldiers.
HH, gary

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
One of the last farms I searched, I started to concentrate around the clothes line and the path to the outhouse. When I came back the next day, someone had stolen the outhouse. LOL

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread