xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note there is no picture with this story. You'll understand.

I used to own a business. The previous landlord (who was rich) was notorious for checking the phonebooths around there for coins. Maybe he was onto something... haha.
I live near a stop and shop. I got clued into the coinstar game a little while ago. I always check it. It's a habit that unfortunately makes me look like I've fallen on hard times. I always give a quick glance as I walk by... if there are any coins in the discard bin I grab em and check em out. I used to leave the foreign coins but now I keep them for my nephew he must have a coin collection when he gets older. When I see someone dumping a ton of coins in I will try to pick a slow checkout line so that I can get over to the machine after they finish instead of standing next to them / loitering. The timing is important as I am sure an employee or two plays the coinstar game. Last night I was looking for a basket and a woman dropped a quarter and it rolled right over to my foot. I picked it up and chased after her to give her the dropped coin. She thanked me and a quick thought that maybe coinstar would reward me popped into my mind... right there waiting just for me was a nice silver 1952 Rosie. Tiny part of my day made! Haha. I am seldom rewarded by coinstar but just enough to keep me looking. I will spare you all the boredom and toil it will take to look at a 52 rosie. Still waiting for the day a jar of colonial coppers and Spanish silver gets dumped into a machine. Hey while I'm at it let's hope for a gold coin!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story and Congrats on the Rosie!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CoinStar hunting can be very productive, but its never a sure thing! That's what makes it fun! :icon_thumleft:

Nice Find!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good reward I look every time I pass one

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check them but never have gotten anything more than Canadian, congrats on the rosie

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Don't forget to browse CoinStar Finds...

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never really thought about looking but what the heck!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548281861.122620.jpg
Got lucky in a coinstar myself today. These weren’t in the reject bin though, stuck in the input slot instead!

Hi 1958 Rosie!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions