Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I drive south about an hour, I’m frozen out of detecting for the foreseeable future. We have gotten very little snow, but no shortage of sub freezing nights and barely freezing days without sun...typical NE Ohio winter weather.

Got out today for about 3-1/2 hours and all the bare ground was frozen solid. So I focused on the snow covered areas and came away with an assortment of finds. Most digs needed to get through an inch or two of crust before getting into soft earth, so I’ve resigned myself to packing my gear and getting ready for our 2-1/2 weeks in Florida at the end of the month. It will be nonstop detecting, fishing and eating fresh seafood. Here’s my last batch of finds for the time being. Not sure what that weird multi colored gizmo is, but it rang up a very loud and solid 33-34 on the Equinox 600, just barely below the grass. It’s like a fidget spinner without bearings...just a guess.

Managed a wheatie and a locket that exploded when I popped the frozen ground next to it...didn’t dig any more frozen ground after that. Lesson learned.

Upvote 14

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tight spinner

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out, congrats on the finds! :occasion14:

In Massachusetts the ground is frozen...but not in the woods, so there is hope for a few more hunts before our weekend snow storm! :icon_thumleft:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on all the finds. frost is a big problem here also. hunted in the woods Sunday and the frost was only in the leaves so that was pretty nice. now those leaves will get covered with a projected 17" snow fall. might be done hunting for some time

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After tonight, it's going to be frozen here. I got out to the beach today, got a bunch of clad, sinkers and some jewelry. It's all in the car still. I haven't even looked at it.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re dedicated. I almost feel badly hunting here in Hawaii. Really nice finds in tough conditions.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Congrats! :icon_thumleft: I actually got out twice in the beginning of January, but no real finds to speak of. But it's too damn cold out now to do anything!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for the late late night research for when the weather gets better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread