Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I didn't find it in the ground! I purchased a chest of drawers, at least a 50 year old kind some time ago. Well, over the week I finally took absolutely everything out of it, and took all the drawers out, moved it around, and spotted this ring lying in the very bottom. This style I believe is 1940's or so. It is marked 14k. Gold is where you find it.

There was so much dust in there... IMG_1508.JPG

Upvote 46

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Smokey, I don't know what else to say other than "Wow".

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must of been hiding. Don't you just love finding gold?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Smokey. I think they kept it in the drawer, because they were afraid to wear it for fear of knocking that pearl off the top ! It's kind of sitting there like a golf ball on a tee ! It had to be exciting to take items out and see that laying there though.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice Smokey. Gotta admit, never seen anything like it!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. It is old, probably older than me! I really like it and it FITS!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good find, about the strangest rind I have ever seen. It may have been custom made and it is old. I'd say somewhere between Victorian and Art deco ?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the ring find! You never know what is going to be lost in the back or bottom of desks, chests and dressers or even lost in old couches or sofas (**). To be honest, if you have the Pearl removed and replaced with a Ruby that is similar in size or a little larger than the others, it will likely enhance the appearance (eye appeal) of the ring.

(**)
My Mom and Dad bought an old and ugly green couch when I was about 7 or 8 years old which would have been 1960 or 1961. My Dad had been out of work due to having surgery and recuperating and had just gone back to work, they were broke and we had very little food in the house. My Mom asked me to look through the old couch for any change I could find so she could get a few things from the store. My Dad was left handed due to having fallen off a Freight Train when he was 18 years old and was crippled in his' right hand, so I looked on the side he normally sat on the couch (left side if sitting in it) but there was not much on that side or even across the back. However, I reached my' hand into the right corner of the couch and there was a pile of coins sitting on a cross-ways corner brace and there were so many coins that many were falling into the bottom. I dug everything out that I could get from on and around that corner brace which was nearly $20 in everything from Cents to Half Dollars and then we flipped the sofa up, removed the bottom cover on that end and close to $10 fell out. My Mom cried like a baby when she counted all the change we got out of the old couch.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
th

When you are inspired by "nature" to make a ring. That is just weird and wonderful all at the same time. Congrats, Smokey! Sub 8-)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my first thought was the stuff the old women wore when I was a kid, I still have some of my great aunts jewelry and it is big and gaudy i believe the word is LOL. But, that falls under an awesome find! you could probably look under the floor mat and come up with gold!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found a shopping bag, a little one, the old kind from a place called "Irvin's". What I found from them they were in business in 1938. NOBODY ever cleaned out the bottom of the dresser. I kept the little bag. I used to LOVE the old Ames Stores and the F. W. Woolworth, Co. Man, their restaurant there could make roast turkey like nobody's business.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring discovery! :occasion14:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Cat" Pounces again and scores! Well done, diligence and curiosity pays off. What a Unique Ring, I would think that was not worn every day and the owner lamented about having lost it right in the very 'box' it was stored in. Like Wow!.............63bkpkr

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow comes to mind for me too. That is a nice find and no digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread