Day 1 with Equinox 800 - 3 Coppers, every spoon they owned, and a whatzit?

FieldStone

Jan 9, 2019
New England
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Temps just above freezing here in New England prior to the snow coming. Have not had a chance to try out the Equinox and its been sitting idle for 15 days. Debated on the beach or the woods, and deiced to revisit a spot that I know is off everyone radar. Field 1, sensitivity 23 and lets do this. First target was a spoon, and they just kept coming. Dug for about 3 hours and amazed how deep this unit will find a target. Ended up with all the spoons this homestead owned, an awesome gilded button, 1818 Large Cent, 1850 Large Cent, King George II Half Penny, XL Safety pin with buckle and two rivets with leather all in the same hole, 45+ square nails, oxen shoe, misc iron and this whatzit thing which appears to be brass and be some kind of buckle? Lots of targets still there to be dug, just need to figure out how to avoid the iron. Iron VDI was all over from 11 - 32 so just had to dig them all to learn the machine.
IMG_3643.JPG IMG_3641.JPG IMG_3639.JPG IMG_3632.JPG IMG_3634.JPG IMG_3627.JPG IMG_3626.JPG IMG_3625.JPG IMG_3624.JPG IMG_3644.JPG

Upvote 39

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smallest state. Predicting 4-8, then 3-6 now 2-4 with up to inch of ice in the mix. Somewhere, someone is in shorts and a tshirt with the A/C on!

Also in RI, Burriville here. Nice coppas :)

OP
OP
FieldStone

FieldStone

Jan 9, 2019
New England
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one of those 800's. I've got the coin but I'm afraid I'm too old and dumb to figure out all the controls. By the time I'd figure it out I'll be in the grave! The older I get, the simpler things need to be, not MORE complicated. I'll sit here and watch all the neat stuff brought up by you young guys with the NOX's. Gary

Never to old to learn, maybe just lacking the desire. Machine does not appear to be difficult to learn at all. Pick a mode, and go then fine tune as you go along and spend more time with it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grats on the hunt with the new machine. the addiction will get worse lol Well done

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice hunt, well done!!!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coppers and buttons! The Nox loves spoons, seems to be able to pull spoons through the worst iron. You did very well with the new machine. Field2 seems to do a better job IDโ€™ing iron for me. I also run with the Horseshoe button. You will eventually be able to hear the distinction between an iron dragging high tone (rusty nail) and a sharp high tone with iron grunt nearby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions