Iron run

stupot

Jun 21, 2008
If I see iron on a shore I'm in! But things didn't start too well as I hit a beach a long distance away. Half hour walk down to the shore in the rain revealed more sand about than the Sahara. For five minutes I debated what to do, try anyway is not how I operate so left quickly and headed back to the scrap beach as the next closest spot. Didn't really want to go back there until the next heavy tide but had no other choice - glad I did. Noticed straight away the lack of scrap compared to the other day as I had cleared so much. Found the usual scrap coppers, one silver sixpence and a iron stained brass looking badge. This turned up under the sea wall that is being undercut amongst iron junk. The 6d turned out to be an early US Seated Dime and the badge silver hallmarked 1928, seems to be a school badge that once had blue enamel. Posted this from England as I really like finding US coinage. Back to the land until the next decent tides. Turned out OK in the end.

Attachments

• dddd.jpg
    dddd.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 83
  • sil.jpg
    sil.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 19
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and congrats on the old Seated dime! :icon_thumleft:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice old dime and I really like the badge.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seated Liberty found in England? All my hunts here in the U.S., and I have yet to find one of those beauties. Congratulations to you!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi fellow UKer.
Been on here since 2008 but this is the first post I've spotted. Please post more?

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A USA seated in England.... and I still haven't found one here in the USA! lol. Awesome finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: That badge is really cool.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found 2 seated dimes over here! That is pretty amazing to hear. I was at my club meeting on Friday and one of the guys was saying his first gold coin was found in England and it was a US gold coin. Congrats.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That badge is freakin sweet!!!!Well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread