Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left these out of my 1-18-2018 finds picture because they were in a small medicine bottle in the truck. Cleaned them up last night and determined none are magnetic. The one on the right appears to be molten metal, while the other two appear to be cast iron. All three drove me bonkers trying to find them in the fine loam of the woods floor, and they were all very solid targets on the Equinox. Three individual finds.

CB4E3E47-877A-47EF-9E9B-01A0E62B8807.jpeg

Upvote 7

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate finding a bellybutton ring on the beach, but not the back!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I left these out of my 1-18-2018 finds picture because they were in a small medicine bottle in the truck. Cleaned them up last night and determined none are magnetic. The one on the right appears to be molten metal, while the other two appear to be cast iron. All three drove me bonkers trying to find them in the fine loam of the woods floor, and they were all very solid targets on the Equinox. Three individual finds.

View attachment 1672820

Well the other two cannot be Iron if they are non-magnetic. They have the appearance of Lead and the one on the right might just be the same with less corrosion on it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting finds! :dontknow:

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They look very similar to what I call alumagunk. The end result of throwing your beer can in the campfire. They normally ring up as dimes and quarters on the atpro.

OP
OP
J

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look very similar to what I call alumagunk. The end result of throwing your beer can in the campfire. They normally ring up as dimes and quarters on the atpro.
I don't really remember what they rang up as, because this was my first hunt deep in the woods, and I was just digging every solid/repeatable/loud signal. Regardless, loud repeatable signals get the blood pumping. :icon_thumleft:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melted aluminum is also common on our beaches here and weighs a lot less than lead. Good way to tell which it is.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found lots of metal slag like that!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread