Return to the Potato Field -Day 3- 3 Hammered, NEOLITHIC ARROWHEAD, GOLD STATER!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before we arrived at the field we both thought it would be a tough day with maybe 1 hammered but lots of buttons, as this was the last 4 hours required to grid this field section.
However, 5 minutes after starting, I turn to Cru'Dad & said, ''I think we are going to get something good today'' ; Cru'Dad replied that he thought the same!
2 strange things happened in relation to 2 very recent posts I made;
  • I stated in my Day 2 post that Neolithic Arrow-Heads in my area were ''extremely rare'' (Westfront agreed) - 2 Days later & my next hunt I'm eye balling a small example!
  • Yesterday in relation to a banner bump for my last Gold Celtic, I stated ''I would be happy with just 1 of these this year''. Next day - BOOM!:laughing7:
All questions welcome....:laughing7:Cru'Dad & I joked that you guys must think we are popping down the shop....lol

After finishing this field in just over 4 hours we rounded off the day to 5 Hrs scouting 2 nearby fields where I got a crotal bell & bent hammered.

2 Crotal Bells
Livery Button
Jaw Harp
2 Neolithic Flints
14th C Buckle & Pin
Medieval Coin Weight
Viking Partifact
3 Hammered; Bent Charles I Shilling, Ed IV Penny, King John Penny.
Circa 3000BC Neolithic Flint Arrow-Head
Circa 50BC Gallic War Ambiani Gold Stater: These unifaced types were produced in a hurry, hence the blank die that should be Apollo's Head, because they were payment to the Gallic Warriors who fought one of the most famous battles against Julius Ceasar. When Vercingetorix lost the War many of the mercenaries fled the Roman Empire to the UK with their booty. :headbang:

What Is It - 1643 Coin;
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/598515-french-coin.html#post6066777

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 64

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow, great hunt with awesome finds.:notworthy::occasion14:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is simply unbelievable! You and Crudad are a truly impressive pair with an incredible system that has proven itself over and over. I am literally blown away by these 2 incredible finds. I often don’t comment on your posts because I feel like a broken record....but these deserve a special congratulations! Well done guys. BANNER

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the killer hunt with a gold coin surprise! :occasion14:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still pretty happy finding a wheat penny. I can't even imagine digging those treasures. Congrats!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOLD!!!!
I like your fields better than mine, nice work Cru!

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
It's hard to put it into perspective as to what are banner worthy finds in the "Old Country" since us stateside diggers are thrilled to find anything prior to the 20th century. I do know enough to know that if you get excited about it then it must be a great find. And besides gold coins are an automatic banner and one from 50 BC would make any diggers career complete. You lost me with the "popping down the shop" comment. Congrats on a great day of digging.

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I honestly dont comment on your posts cause i never know what to say. You always find amazing things. Great job!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations on a Awesome hunt. :icon_thumright:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are crazy. Another version of: You have to think about what you want to find before every hunt... Happend to me more than a couple times.
Big congrats and i hope to see this one on the Banner! :occasion14: What makes you think you have a neolithic arrow head there? Could be much older coming from ice age hunters? Just curious.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lost me with the "popping down the shop" comment. Congrats on a great day of digging.
I mean most people would find it hard to believe what we do, so they might think we brought the items not found them.....lol

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are crazy. Another version of: You have to think about what you want to find before every hunt... Happend to me more than a couple times.
Big congrats and i hope to see this one on the Banner! :occasion14: What makes you think you have a neolithic arrow head there? Could be much older coming from ice age hunters? Just curious.
I had a similar thought but I found a match on the PAS.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply amazing...you two are detecting rockstars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread