Found a freakin' yen at a Texas school....

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• yen2.JPG
    yen2.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 105
  • yen1.JPG
    yen1.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 18

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
in San Antonio yes, too many military families there. I went to Okinawa for the ninth grade and to San Antonio for 11th and 12th grades. had several friends that had done the same thing.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats! :icon_thumleft: Interesting find, you never know what you will find! :hello2:

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in San Antonio yes, too many military families there. I went to Okinawa for the ninth grade and to San Antonio for 11th and 12th grades. had several friends that had done the same thing.

Well, that makes sense. It was found at a HS by an Airforce base, so you are probably dead-on with your post. :laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could have also been taken to school as a "show and tell" item by a student, R&B. I manage to find quite a few foreign coins in schoolyards. Like others have said, thats what makes this hobby so fun, you never know what you will find, or where you will find it !

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very true, that's what makes this hobby soooo addicting!

Very true. Could not really tell at the moment how many different countries I've found coins from over the years, always enjoy finding one, in fact the most recent was a 2001 20 cent EURO coin minted in Spain. Always fun. Keep going Ring's, your hooked like the rest of us, and welcome company at that.

Kdmoo

Sep 18, 2018
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting! I found a Deutsche Mark coin at an Texas Elementary school last year. You never know.

Kevin

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
there is a lot of retirees living there as well with tons of tourists all the time. you live in a history rich area but there is so much new development to that city. should be lots of good bling and jewelry to be found there. as a kid that grew up searching for arrowheads, I constantly found money, watches, jewelry, knives etc just walking around. Also went to the 6th and 7th grade there as well. you have a ton of fossils there as well. also found a few arrowheads there but harder to find near the city. you should have some awesome spots to hunt. I used to live near Loop 410 I believe. Good luck, now find some of the "good stuff"like silver and gold!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
It's aluminum, right? (very light) I have found the same coin in Colorado no where near a military base.
Matter of fact, that coin might have been given away by the thousands in some foreign coin mail-a-way promotion type thing.

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still a big surprise to see that thing in the plug. Nice find!

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's aluminum, right? (very light) I have found the same coin in Colorado no where near a military base.
Matter of fact, that coin might have been given away by the thousands in some foreign coin mail-a-way promotion type thing.

Yes, 100% aluminum. That's what made me think it wasn't a real coin...then I took another look at it. It is so light, and makes a different "ping" sound when you drop it.

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very true. Could not really tell at the moment how many different countries I've found coins from over the years, always enjoy finding one, in fact the most recent was a 2001 20 cent EURO coin minted in Spain. Always fun. Keep going Ring's, your hooked like the rest of us, and welcome company at that.

Thank you, Sprailroad! I find myself looking at ground/property everywhere I drive now...it's a SICKNESS!!! :laughing7:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Sprailroad! I find myself looking at ground/property everywhere I drive now...it's a SICKNESS!!! :laughing7:

And most of us here have it, and none of us really want a cure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread