Back To A Soccer Field Of The Past - Hunt #15

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This morning I was out by a soccer field I have hunted many times this year. It is hard with this being sports season, to find a time when no one is using these fields, but this morning I was the only one. After a couple of hours hunting I came away with a fair amount of clad. These are the same fields I have never found a ring in, they keep calling me back, but only to tease. However, they have not won yet.

Attachments

• SOCCER FIELD 4.jpg
    SOCCER FIELD 4.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 342
  • 15th hunt1.JPG
    15th hunt1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
Wow you have been finding lots of stuff at the soccer field!!
All I found today was 4 bullets, hunted only for 15min. Too dry here.

HH

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Dave, at least ya got some clad out of it! You are running out of blank spots on your map. Looks like you're going to have to go over spots you've already done. Hope they are replenishing for ya. Good luck my friend.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Piggman..this has been a really interesting "series". Your map and finds are great! 8)

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes what Mona said.
Only, you know when rains or you finish hunting the whole field you will need to start over again.
HH

Mona Lisa said:
Piggman..this has been a really interesting "series". Your map and finds are great! 8)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Clad is always good as it's free money. Sticking with it and will have to give you that ring sooner or later.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the spirit Dave..talk about perseverance..your stamina is very commendable!

geckokid said:
Too dry here.

Same here near St. Louis..the ground is so dry and hard..diggin's getting to be a real chore.

Nat

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Bull Durham said:
Yes what Mona said.
Only, you know when rains or you finish hunting the whole field you will need to start over again.
HH

Mona Lisa said:

As soon as sports season is over I plan on starting all over on all of the sports fields I have done this year, if I don't move to the coast. Right now they are all being replenished with all the practicing and games going on. This field for one, is being used more than it ever has in the past, due to it being new. That ring, like the needle in the haystack, is there. It's just making me work for it.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Natman said:
That's the spirit Dave..talk about perseverance..your stamina is very commendable!

geckokid said:
Too dry here.

Same here near St. Louis..the ground is so dry and hard..diggin's getting to be a real chore.

Nat

It's dy here, too. Like diggng in concrete.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Think it has rained twice here in last two months...without a doubt affects the numbers....but this park looks like a constant producer that is always worth another trip...good work! :)

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice haul! I think you will find a nice ring there in probably a few more hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread