Beautiful Day & Finds in Central Texas!

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a beautiful copper brooch pin that's probably 100 years old, a nice aluminum collapsible cup from Fred Harvey's Harvey House that's about the same age as the brooch, a nice round colored decorative glass piece that's set in copper, an antique set of sheep shears, a small old shovel blade, a small iron decorative "fence" that my morning glory flowers will love to grow on (that I've already placed in the front flower garden), and $1.25 in coins (4 quarters, 1 dime, and 15 pennies). All of these were found with my vintage White's 5000/D metal detector today during a 3.5 hour hunt.
~Texas Jay

http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com

1-24-19-with Max-Bwd-4-White's 5000-D.jpg 1-24-19 - with Max-Bwd-1.jpg 1-24-19 - with Max -Bwd-2-Whites 5000-d.jpg 1-24-19-with Max-Bwd-3-Whites 5000-d.jpg

Upvote 21

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend, who I was detecting with, had both his Equinox 800 and his XP Deus in the truck with him yesterday but he wanted to use a Fisher F75 that he just purchased a few days ago. He found the only silver of the afternoon, a 1963-D quarter, with the F75. I swear that he always finds a silver quarter whenever I take him to any of my sites while I'm in a silver quarter slump that I just can't seem to break out of. :) I think he found more coins than I did but the 5000/D took the prize, by far, for the most collectible relics. Just last month, we detected a freshwater beach where we had not yet found any silver. A few minutes before we were getting ready to quit for the day, I got a hit and dug a 1963-D Roosevelt dime so I thought that I would surely have the only silver of the afternoon. He had already turned his detector off when I hollered at him that I had found silver. What did he do? He turned his detector back on, walked over to a spot about 10 yards away from me and in less than 5 minutes, he hollered that he dug a silver quarter of the same date and mint mark as my dime, a 1963-D! If I didn't know him so well, I'd be very suspicious at the rash of 1963-D quarters he finds. ha.
~Texas Jay

Great story, some guys just can't stand being outdone, haha��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread