Going to attempt to find the owner

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is the first ring I have found that has a name and engraving, maybe I’ll be able to track down the owner through Balfour.

Also 7.60 in clad with three wheats.

View attachment 1674915

The ring has Alexander on the side and on the inside it says “Emily & Lorelai”

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548600545.454341.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548600560.219555.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548600572.377588.jpg

Upvote 24

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find and good luck returning it. Let us know how that goes.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the ring maker also has a data base if its not to old if its a class ring Ive returned 2 by calling the School good luck

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring. Finding an owner is better than finding a treasure! I hope you do!

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find the owner of the ring! Mary found a class ring in a town park and found out who owned it. Unfortunately he passed away years ago so she contacted his son and gave him the ring.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find...Good Luck on the return! :occasion14:

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alexander, Fort Benning, Calvary....

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the return. Calling the school usually works for me. On the one I am trying to return at this time I called Balfour and they said I would have to contact the store that sold it to get info on the owner. The lady I talked to was no help. The school has been a big help. Some returns have been easy and others have taken real effort to return. I put a free lost and found ad in the paper and returned a ring last year. I hope this is an easy return for you.

Keep swingin.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it say “Emily & Lorelai” or is it Emily Lorelai?

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emily and lorelai

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might check with the personnel department at Fort Benning. Not following the school angle in this case, unless it's in reference to artillery school or sniper school, etc.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inside the stone I see a "Tank", and of course we all see Ft. Benning. Is there ANYTHING else on it? We see the flag, on the other side there does seem to be a "picture" or "Design" of some sort. Grad ring from one of the military training schools in Ft. Benning? Unlikely though, more of a custom ring made for ones self?

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the owner was contacted by Balfour and they said he feels uncomfortable giving me his address to mail it to him which was totally funny to me. Someone who takes personal time to try and locate some stranger to give him his s*** back isn’t probably a shady person.

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inside the stone I see a "Tank", and of course we all see Ft. Benning. Is there ANYTHING else on it? We see the flag, on the other side there does seem to be a "picture" or "Design" of some sort. Grad ring from one of the military training schools in Ft. Benning? Unlikely though, more of a custom ring made for ones self?

Yes his grad ring from basic training and tank training. Armor moved down here to benning about 8 years ago from Knox. I’m also on tanks and we are a relatively smaller community within the army. But your exactly right. He’s located at fort hood Texas right now.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the owner was contacted by Balfour and they said he feels uncomfortable giving me his address to mail it to him which was totally funny to me. Someone who takes personal time to try and locate some stranger to give him his s*** back isn’t probably a shady person.

Seriously? He must not want it back very bad then. At least you tried to do the right thing.

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did the gentlemanly thing and attempted to return the ring.

Who knows what’s going on in the mind of the original owner right now.

If it’s paranoia and he’s driving a tank I think we have bigger things to worry about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread