Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A "Hunted-out" park opened up with Equinox 600. Went back to a spot in this Baltimore City park that I'd been to a month ago. This hunt was about two and a half hours and yielded 7 IHCs: 3 in single holes and 4 in a stack in one hole; the stacked cents dated 1884, 1882, 1884 and 1865, from top to bottom. The very worn reverse is from the 1865. Also dug a '28 merc and a large silver on-edge, a 1940 Walking Liberty half. In the hole with the half were two 1941 wheats. Other wheats included a 1909 and two '19s. Dug a Sargent lock key. This is my first half dug in this park and the Indian stack of 4 beat the stack of 3 I dug here 4 years ago. IMG_7302.JPG IMG_7303.JPG IMG_7298.JPG IMG_7294.JPG IMG_7292.JPG IMG_7293.JPG IMG_7297.JPG

Upvote 42
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Argentium! It was an amazing run of consecutive hits. I'm thinking the ground balance enabled me to hear these today.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible finds. Good job.

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I found all those coins in a year I'd be thrilled. Nice going ��

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking coins McCdig. Its always nice to see a half dollar come out of the dirt.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From an old timer, every time a difference type machine is used you will find more materials in "hunted out" areas. You see, the idea of hunted out is a myth. I started noticing this back (God help me) in the '80's. BFO machines were used on the one good site. Then a lot of the big box White's machines were used on the site. Back in about '87 I was the first in there with a Tesoro Lobo, the old kind and really cleaned up. Of course, ground gets disturbed, in the north, frost moves stuff, animals dig holes, all kinds of factors, but it is clear with another type machine, you will pull out some stuff missed previously.

When I went to a Baltimore City park in 2017 I was wondering how so many wheaties, indians and buffaloes were missed when I know the entire local MD club had hit the park a lot. No one in the club (as far as I know) had a Deus, and that made the difference.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible hunt! Did everything ring in loud and clear with stable vdi or did you dig some "iffys"?

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!! I was in Baltimore couple years ago wishing I had brought a detector!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt!! You have some real beauties!:occasion14:

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, Great bunch of finds my friend. You're really tearing up the old parks lately. Congrats on the big silver. They don't come our way often.
Hopefully you left some iron nails for Saturday.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep were they? Why did this machine "find" them?

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two good questions and the first is much easier to answer. Most of the targets were 7 inches down and the ground is very moist right now. I think one factor in my hearing them yesterday with the Equinox was proper ground balance. I see no reason why other machines would not find them. It is curious though that I was hunting ground that you know detectorists have poured over for years. Truth be told, I did dig as many iron targets as "good" targets.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jamie! Always plenty of iron nails to go around....and apparently lots of good targets left, too.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice recoveries. I hope people stop buying the Equinox or else places will really be hunted out :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread