First hunt with the Equinox 800

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the machine last week and i had to get out to a place with no snow. Went to Fort Churchill in Nevada and lucked out. I find relics there everytime i go. No trash was dug. Oh by the way i LOVE this machine. Cant wait to hit some other areas I know about. The video is up on my channel "the wandering fools" if anyone is intersted. First hunt be gentle haha. IMG_20190212_160201_851.jpg

Upvote 23

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’ll love the Nox 800. Nice finds.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup more you use it the more you'll love it, it deadly in trash and iron

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the new machine! :occasion14:

IAHOLEDIGGER

Mar 7, 2015
S.W. IOWA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,Whites dfx/ dx-1/ Garrett carrot,ultimate grey ghost headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice!! I got a nox 800 a couple of weeks ago just waiting for the thaw.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been waiting for a month Good job on some nice finds Looks like your gonna have a great year with your new machine Tommy

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nox is an awesome machine! Nice finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will like that detector. I have found some very nice coins with mine already.

davewp

Dec 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you go out at Fort Churchill? Because around the building you're not supposed to even pick anything up. I would love to go out there. I suppose on the other side of the road or farther out would be ok. Nice finds. I just bought the same machine and haven't had a chance to go out yet and it's driving me crazy.

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you go out at Fort Churchill? Because around the building you're not supposed to even pick anything up. I would love to go out there. I suppose on the other side of the road or farther out would be ok. Nice finds. I just bought the same machine and haven't had a chance to go out yet and it's driving me crazy.
It was on the other side of the road

Larry Englehart

Greenie
Jan 18, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Minelab Safari and GoFind60
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wandering fools YouTube channel has several locations that are questionable. It’s like they are hitting all the historic sites near them in Reno and Carson city. In one video he talks about hitting a Donner Party camp site. Seems like they are new treasure hunters all hyped up for riches, using social media for advertising thier shenanigans. Hopefully they don’t lose all their gear to a ticket happy forest service officer as they don’t seem to care about hunting these historic sites.

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wandering fools YouTube channel has several locations that are questionable. It’s like they are hitting all the historic sites near them in Reno and Carson city. In one video he talks about hitting a Donner Party camp site. Seems like they are new treasure hunters all hyped up for riches, using social media for advertising thier shenanigans. Hopefully they don’t lose all their gear to a ticket happy forest service officer as they don’t seem to care about hunting these historic sites.
None of the spots we ever hit are historic landmarks. Donner party territory is huge out here. They went through lots of places that are completly legal to detect. If in fact we ever do hit an actual historic site it will be with a permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread