Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend on mine took me to a old town where there where German settlers who settled along Lake Ponchatrain and the wetlands took it over in 1915. We went along the railroad tracks and hit a small patch of dry land where there was a small cemetery that was moved. We where only there for a short time because we went after work but here’s what I got. Sometimes it's not what you find it's where you find it that's the real treasure. IMG_1945.jpg IMG_1946.jpg IMG_1947.jpg not sure what this is but it you look along the side it was ornate. Appears to be pewter and it was 13” down. IMG_1948.jpg IMG_1949.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Sounds like a very interesting site. I love new sites. Exploring ruins, chasing iron patches.

I so weird knowing there was a community back there and now it’s gone. Water and wetlands and taking over. It’s a shame there’s not more dry land just lake, railroad track and swamp. I have to drive on the side of the railroad track about a mile and a half. LOTS of snakes lol

Al Bundy

Dec 28, 2017
The Boot
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow amazing that you found solid land to detect on right there. I’ve thought about going there a time or two, but always talked myself out of it. If you’re not afraid of getting in the water you may want to try around Proctorville!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread