What do Indians, Slaves and Continental Army have in Common?

Schuder3

Jan 12, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday, while on my way to the plantation site that my last cannon ball came from, I stumbled upon this piece. Detected from a creek bank where indian poetry had previously been found. 11 - 1 (59).jpg
It appears to be copper, do you think it could be Indian?

Then, as I walked past an area that I no to be slave quarters I found this 11 - 1 (58).jpg It has an iron back. 11 - 1 (60).jpg

Once at the site 11 - 1 (54).jpg that I believe to be a colonial continental army camp I found 11 - 1 (55).jpg along with this musket lock piece 11 - 1 (56).jpg 11 - 1 (57).jpg

All and all a pretty good day but, no coins today! Very wet conditions here in Virginia !!!

Upvote 37

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Its because 1000 years ago there were Europeans here. Doesnt make it Indian just because it was given to an Indian. They didnt work metals.

Hahah! Copper was cold hammered by North American Native Americans. If you want to dispute mining, that is fine, but they did work copper. The Mississippian cultures were pretty advanced. What evidence do you have of Europeans handing out crude cold hammered copper beads approximately 1000 years ago in south side VA?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Play nice guys. I was thinking more on the lines that maybe some nice young fellow could have been sweet on some cute native girl. I am really surprised that no one liked the flint lock. I thought it was the coolest piece I found that day. Thanks for looking and may the rain gods take a break!

I liked the flint lock, but was enjoying the copper fray so much, I forgot to mention it. Nice set of finds sir.

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job! Is the copper a pendant?

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The native American Indians were already working raw copper when the Europeans got here! The copper culture as it is called was making point, tools and some jewelry, but not the type posted.
The Indians were still in the stone age when the whites landed. They had no copper.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet also great finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread