Finally a break in the snow and then White Gold!

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though that dang groundhog said no more winter, every other day there seems to be another winter storm. There just so happened to be a pause in the weather, so I went out to a hidden park on the top of a hill that had three baseball diamonds, 24 horseshoe pits, two soccer fields and two lacrosse fields.

Not much story to tell because I went straight to the back of the fields where there was a seriously steep sledding hill and on the fifth target in, I received a nice solid 62 signal on my AT Pro. I pulled up the plug and saw a circular item that had lines in the center and I thought, "Probably a pipe fitting". I looked closer and saw the 14K and about flipped...

This is only my third gold ring since I started in 2016 but man, this is a good one! It is made by Frederick Goldman Inc., is 10 grams, and is white gold. Current melt value is 252$ but this ring is mine... :laughing7: I have replaced my wife's Walmart special wedding ring with a very pretty ring (should be on my profile) but have never been able to find myself one. At least until today. Fits beautifully. I had a blast. Found gold and enough change for liquid gold a.k.a Mountain Dew. This year is all about enjoying the ride and having fun and this trip was no exception. Here is to many more hunts!:headbang:

IMG-4548.JPG
IMG-4549.JPG

Upvote 38

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! That is a really nice find and ring. Beautiful.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow congrats on finding that nice white gold ring:occasion14:

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonderful find! That's what this hobby to me is all about. Not getting greedy and trying to make a living off of or rushing to find as much as I can, but... To enjoy the day, get a little exercise and appreciate the old, odd, historic, unusual and valuable things lost to the ground. Unlike many other hobbies, this one can pay you back :laughing7:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great ring find!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know your wife has to be thrilled with that 14 k ring .Congrats on finding it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a real beauty! :occasion14:

Kdmoo

Sep 18, 2018
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring!

I need to rethink some of those low to mid 60's signals. Of late I have moved on when I get them because they always seem to be junk.

Kevin

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, Hunter! Beautiful ring. Thanks for sharing! :icon_thumright:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. I'm still wearing a nice 14K band I found at Myrtle Beach a few years ago and the wife is wearing an 18K with lots of ice from the same spot.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet find, congrats. Yeah, the wife and I have been hoping to find a replacement ring for me as well, same thing, Wally ring. She found a much better ring for herself last year and I had it sized to fit her, she wears it all the time. very cool find for yourself!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your third gold ring. Keep swingin there are more out there waiting for you.

My wife has a nice collection of jewelry from my finds, but I only wear my wedding ring. I lost it once back in the big thanksgiving snow storm of 1974 and eyeball found it when the snow thawed 3 weeks later and have been wearing it ever since.

I know you will dig more trash this way but if you dig all the mid and high times on the ATPro no matter what the VDI number is you will find more gold. I have found gold rings, earrings and chains with VDI numbers ranging from 32 to 75. The numbers are A handy reference, but they don’t control what I dig. Most of the time I use my CZ 21 and you have 4 tones and no VDI meter so you have to go by the sound alone. It has really paid off for me over the years.

Keep swingin and good luck.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the super nice ring find. That is Awesome.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ring I hear ya we have had crappy weather here in MI the last month. Glad you got out Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread