Heart stopper! (Thought I had it this time)

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for the first time in a while. Snow finally melted enough to get out. Hit a construction excavation pile and got a quarter and a penny, both clad. Moved on to a school lot and found a few zinc cents. Started clouding up and I hit one more local park that’s treated me fair in the past. Found a few staples and paper clips, the usual trash, then got a solid low tone. Looked down and saw gold... right there half covered by one piece of mulch. Reached down, grabbed it and pocketed it quick. Calmed myself down and kept swinging but that ring was beating my brain apart. I had to double check it. Weight was right, shine was right, has to be gold right?
😪 turns out someone had lost their Lord of the Rings tungsten carbide replica. But man oh man that feeling when I first picked it up.
3B219283-214F-4BF4-A81A-B2CE229CECAA.jpeg

Upvote 23

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put it on Ebay, the Nerds will certainly be in the market for it!:tongue3:

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get rid of it before some wizard shows up at your house wanting you to take a trip to a volcano

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But man oh man that feeling when I first picked it up.

How did it feel? A little too good? Maybe like you wanted to put it ON? Maybe like you didn't want to share it with anyone... that the ring was YOURS, all yours, and that nobody would ever, EVER take it off your finger?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hobby is all about the excitement and the unknown, and you accomplished that when you first picked it up !

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw bummer, Sand Duner...l feel for ya, I got my heart broke too this week, same thing. Saw the gold, jammed it in my pouch until my screaming brain made me pull it out...plated. Ugh. But it is a nice ring nonetheless and should fetch a few $$ if u sell it. Ddf.

CorgiDoom1881

Feb 13, 2019
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other day I was walking around a beach without a detector and spotted a very gold looking ring. When I looked for a hallmark, it said "China". I'm sure most of us have had experiences like yours where something looks like gold, but is just some other metal.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a nice ring find! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Ive found many rings I thought were gold but were filled ect ect but at least you got that moment if only briefly that you hit pay dirt . Thats cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread