An odd solid AT Pro 47

SweetRinger

Apr 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551576566.434147.jpg I was quite surprised to see this on a 47 solid signal. No markings but sure made my day! It is heavy and solid.

Upvote 21

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I very very rarely dig those 40 signals all I ever find is foil. Do you dig them often? Any success with them besides the crucifix?

OP
OP
SweetRinger

SweetRinger

Apr 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly donโ€™t dig 40s if I am in a heavy target area. I was at the beach last weekend with few targets and dug a 43 and got a small gold so I figured what the heck today at a school. I guess I will be tripling my digging now.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lowest VDI that gave me gold on the AT PRO was a 51
An 18 kt Gold and Onyx man's ring.
I have however read quite a few posts about people finding gold in the 40 to 50 range on the PRO.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ve found lots of gold at 41 43 pop tops and foiil the vdi will bounce 5 to 8 or so numbers gold the vdi is solid and go at it from different angles gotta learn the machine. Check for roll tone also

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found gold earrings as low as 32 VDI in the water with the ATPro. I set up my detector in pro zero, iron audio on and discrimination 30.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the gold. I love the folks who don't dig low signals. There is a you tube video from a Chicago detectorist where he air tests numerous gold finds with his ATPRO. All the way from 39 to 72. The signals vary for many reasons. Size and orientation of object. Ground balance. The different alloys used in the manufacture of the item. The simple fact is that if you don't dig the junk you are unlikely to find gold. I personally dig 40 on up. Worse thing that can happen is that I add to my recycle buckets.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My largest 14K mans nugget ring was a solid 46 and a 14k bracelet was solid 46 also.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found gold earrings as low as 32 VDI in the water with the ATPro. I set up my detector in pro zero, iron audio on and discrimination 30.
Yeap, all I'm hearing on this post is just how much people are missing great finds. No.s are irrelevant to me.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, all I'm hearing on this post is just how much people are missing great finds. No.s are irrelevant to me.
I agree with Crusader on the number issue. I am strictly and audio (tone) hunter, and also go by the consistency of the tones. Very rarely will I look at the number screen. Even if its a low tone, and consistent, I will dig it. Full disclosure, I do not use an AT Pro. I use 2 other brands but have always hunted with this method no matter what detector I am using. Nice find on the Crucifix. That is one of the nicest designs I have seen, (and I have dug a lot of them).

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with digging all signals but not when Im in some of these parks in Mi you could be there all day and not have moved 15 ft with all the pull tabs and junk. I rely on sounds and numbers in that situation. Just depends where you are! My town was founded in 1817 no Battles fought ,possibilities of Ancient Relics. are slim at best. I know you can find anything anywhere but When I ave a 3 to 5 hour window, I rely on my machine for sounds mostly but I also check the VDI numbers I use all tools given me.If I was in an area where there were some serious relicage or civil war relics yep I would dig everything. but 90 percent of this town is a giant pop top lol

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find, congratulations! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a woman's gold class ring, 43 on AT GOLD. three other gold rings were from 48-70. I dig pull tabs/rings until I get tired of them but always dig more the next time back to the spot. I am thinking that I found a gold ring at 38 with the AT GOLD as well. But I too am happy to find that people aren't digging them. you need to acid test your find and know for sure. nice looking one

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I very very rarely dig those 40 signals all I ever find is foil. Do you dig them often? Any success with them besides the crucifix?

Definitely dig 40's VDI if it's a solid tone. Especially if it seems deeper, like 3"+.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread