Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Oct 2007
    New Jersey

Re: GREAT first find!

Quote Originally Posted by mike5298
    My first really GOOD find!! In one hole I found 5 loose nickels (2)1908, (1)1909 and (2)1911. About 2 feet away I got another hit. I dug that spot and around 5" deep I pulled this old tea cup or something up that had coins in it! After the pictures, I removed the coins. There were 7 more nickels! The oldest one being the nicest....an 1883. I also found (2) 1869 Indian Head Pennies in the same field. The picture is of the nicer one of the two.
    Mike has been busy finding MORE Great Coins...He just Found a Flying Cent,in the same area...I have been bugging him to post more pics I Have made some good finds in that area also...Including 3 V nickels,1 Indian Penny,and a few Spanish silvers...One dated 1761.
    Just to answer a few questions that you might all have,The area we are checking out is directly behind our work,They are digging up the area(That used to be a farm) to build a new Business.
    We usually hit the area during lunch and after work for a little while.
    I am waiting to get my digital Camera back from a buddy to post my finds...I have been a fan of this site for awhile now and actually have become fans of alot of you.
    I also found a Military Button that i will show you all soon that i could use some help to identify.
    Happy Hunting Everyone.
    daimlerbenz

Quote Originally Posted by daimlerbenz
    Quote Originally Posted by mike5298
    My first really GOOD find!! In one hole I found 5 loose nickels (2)1908, (1)1909 and (2)1911. About 2 feet away I got another hit. I dug that spot and around 5" deep I pulled this old tea cup or something up that had coins in it! After the pictures, I removed the coins. There were 7 more nickels! The oldest one being the nicest....an 1883. I also found (2) 1869 Indian Head Pennies in the same field. The picture is of the nicer one of the two.
    Mike has been busy finding MORE Great Coins...He just Found a Flying Cent,in the same area...I have been bugging him to post more pics I Have made some good finds in that area also...Including 3 V nickels,1 Indian Penny,and a few Spanish silvers...One dated 1761.
    Just to answer a few questions that you might all have,The area we are checking out is directly behind our work,They are digging up the area(That used to be a farm) to build a new Business.
    We usually hit the area during lunch and after work for a little while.
    I am waiting to get my digital Camera back from a buddy to post my finds...I have been a fan of this site for awhile now and actually have become fans of alot of you.
    I also found a Military Button that i will show you all soon that i could use some help to identify.
    Happy Hunting Everyone.
    daimlerbenz
    Welcome from the UK, get that camera & start posting, also kick your friend for me.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    Why is knowledge power, when life is passing on sh*t... 03/03/19
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    15 times

Wow!,, Very nice MIke, WTG!!!
    Going to be kinda hard to ever top that one, but I'm sure you will.
    Good luck in doing so, & Happy hunting~

May 2006
    Oregon
    Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
    12 times

Wow!

Makes my five penny pocket spill this last weekend (all modern) seem exactly what it was - a lot of digging for five damn cents...!

Congrats on a great find!!!

Oct 2007
    Gurnee, IL
    Bounty Hunter

I agree you found a cache. Not to bad either. Might want to search the same area for more containers.

us
    Treasure Hunter

Nov 2005
    Brevard County, FL ~ USA
    Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Those are awsome finds and to find them all together...
    You are most fortunate to find all of those.
    WTG!

us
    MUD(S.W.A.T)

Apr 2005
    I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    894 times
    Banner Finds (1)

BLAM!!

WTG, shoot a cache of buffalo's is one thing but killer V's like that, thats really cool !!

Keep @ it and HH!!
    TAG: MUD(S.W.A.T)
    GEAR: Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    EXPERIENCE: About 9 Years
    E-MAIL: mudswat1979@yahoo.com
    "Where you find Silver, you should find Gold."

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    182 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

that is awesome..
    ALLEN

Oct 2006
    Northeastern PA
    XLT by Whites

Some people hunt a lifetime and don't find anything like that...Nice going...

Nov 2007
    Okeechobee, FL

Mike,

WTG Beaut of a cache, wish all us tenderfoots LOL could do something similar. olegator

us
    Jan 2005
    Whites DFX
    2 times

AWESOME!!!

thats so kool!

us
    You found what?

Aug 2007
    Southeast Michigan (Roseville)
    Bounty Hunter > Sharp Shooter II & Fast Tracker
    78 times

I would love a find like that. Thanks for sharing!

Nov 2007
    Largo, Florida
    Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
    805 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Man, that is amazing find! Try and show us all of them, me being the greedy needy want to see person and all. My first find was a beautiful aluminum pulltab, wore it around my neck until too many people made fun of me, and decided to take it off. They still make fun of me, however. Truly a find of a lifetime, don't remember seeing anyone post that many V-Nickel finds at one sitting!
    Carl

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links