🥇 BANNER Fellas .. I think I just paid for my Pirate Black Devil 2 PRO for times over today!!!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Today was the first nice day we have had in a while, so I headed back to the property I recently got permission to hunt. Last time, I hunted the woods, but today I ventured closer to the house.

Aside from the normal trash and bits & pieces, here are my finds for the day!

1970 Quarter............. 1969 Penny........ 1983 Nickel......... AND THE KILLER FIND OF THE DAY: a 1980 1 OUNCE of FINE GOLD Krugerrand from South Africa
1971 Quarter .............1975 penny........ VA 280 Seal ........ I had never heard of this coin before, so I took it to my jeweler friend who verified it is in fact gold.
1979 Quarter............. 1976 Penny ...................................My heart is still pounding!
1981 Quarter............. 1980 Penny
................................1983 Penny

Attachments

• Donyay Property 1.jpg
    Donyay Property 1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,105
  • Donyay Property 2.jpg
    Donyay Property 2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 551
  • Donyay Property 3.jpg
    Donyay Property 3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 479
  • Donyay Property 4.jpg
    Donyay Property 4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Upvote 159

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool find! I told my wife about it and she said, "You own a metal detector. Why are you sitting in that chair?" Good question.

While the gold is certainly the star of the show, I was interested in the quarter with the red paint. Sometimes car washes or arcades painted their in-house coins (typically quarters) for some reason. That coin, while likely just a random occurrence, makes me wonder about the owner of the property and what is/was located there.

ronr

Dec 26, 2010
Central Va
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find Rob. That will look good sitting next to your other gold coins. Damn shame they were not all together in a coin purse. Never mind you already did that.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What a cool find! I told my wife about it and she said, "You own a metal detector. Why are you sitting in that chair?" Good question.

While the gold is certainly the star of the show, I was interested in the quarter with the red paint. Sometimes car washes or arcades painted their in-house coins (typically quarters) for some reason. That coin, while likely just a random occurrence, makes me wonder about the owner of the property and what is/was located there.

Thanks Stringtyer .. I never gave much thought to it because I never knew about that neat history, but you are the second person to mention that. It was suggested that the quarter was a "proprietor's quarter" used for testing one of his store coin operated machines. Thanks again!

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's freaking crazy Rob!! Isn't it funny how one find can change the whole damn outcome of a hunt :occasion14: You deserve this one big guy!!!

Thank you very much. :notworthy: I sure wasn't expecting to find that, but I sure am happy I did!

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find Rob. That will look good sitting next to your other gold coins. Damn shame they were not all together in a coin purse. Never mind you already did that.

LoL .. Thanks Ron! :icon_thumright:

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This needs to be up top :occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cres... how many times have you thought of the coin today ?

:)

How many times looked at it ?

Picked it up and looked at it ?

:P

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Cres... how many times have you thought of the coin today ?

How many times looked at it ?

Picked it up and looked at it ?

:P

LoL .. I've thought about it many times .. okay .. almost continually .. since I found it! I have it sitting on the shelf right above my computer.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LoL .. I've thought about it many times .. okay .. almost continually .. since I found it! I have it sitting on the shelf right above my computer.

LOL !... As would anyone else here :)

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Holy crap, that’s amazing! You have to think whoever lost that is pretty dang bummed. I think this is banner worthy for its value and his unique it is. Awesome!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Banner Vote!
Big ol honkin gold round. Dog gone prime example of recovery that could boost detector sales. l.o.l..

I knew no one in 1980 buying Rands...That was big money then. (Well ,still is.)
Discussed gold with a guy asking about investing in p.m.'s around that time (why ask my broke butt I wonder?) And I suggested gold being too volatile and that platinum looked good.
So of course niether of us bought platinum. Which responded by going up up up. I couldn't have afforded a down payment on a free sample then anyways...

Gold ran 474-850 an oz. in 1980. Quite enough to not want to have an oz. disappear....

I may be wrong , but usually suspect kids when stuff goes missing. Winter snow areas can cause lack of pocket spill recoveries too. More so after a hard fall. (!)
Then they get trampled, plowed , or driven on, or just melt into the soil.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job My friend thats how we do it

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a really amazing find! My buddy has a ton of those. I’ve been trying to buy a few but he’s a hoarding packrat lol.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
FAN GOLD TASTIC! Banner! Grats, get out there and see if any more and thanks for posting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread