Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just made my first Spring-like walk. Nice day, nice weather, busy finding day! Wasn't sure I could get it right. It's been sooo long since I wasn't doing more fighting the weather than digging! But....I think I "nailed" it!!! :tongue3:

You tell me.

0311191807~2.jpg
0311191824~2.jpg

Even got a SEVENTEEN-FECTA!!!
These did begin to become a bit tedious at the start. But when they just kept coming and coming, it actually got pretty hilarious! I actually started having fun with them. :tongue3:

0311191824a~2.jpg

About that "nailing" it!? LOL

Then, to top it off, I got a double hit, next to each other. I dug the first one, classic pulltab. Was going to leave the other one. Decided no...even said out loud "Might as well get this other one out of the way".

It looked like this:

DIAMOND RING1.jpg

DIAMOND RING2.jpg

After I got it cleaned up and set it up for my post, Fishy was going to claim it cuz Blingie was still snoring. Then Froggy happened to say the word out loud...."diamond".

And....the race was on!!!

0311191824b~2.jpg

I got to admit, this was one pleasant start to my season!

2019-03-11-18-05-53.jpg

Thanks for peeking folks!

Upvote 38

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it isn't the first nor the last time I've been fooled by " pull tabs"!

Every now and then I pass a gold ring under my coil at home. Air testing. Just to remind me that just cuz its a low VDI doesn't necessarily mean that it is *not* a gold ring. :)

Thanks!
For all you know it could have been laying on top of another pull tab 2 " deeper. VDI readings on your floor at home picks up nails from rafters or rebar in your slab. Dig everything I say

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all you know it could have been laying on top of another pull tab 2 " deeper. VDI readings on your floor at home picks up nails from rafters or rebar in your slab. Dig everything I say

For all I know.....*EVERY* single metal target I hit *could* be another diamond ring.

But, have you ever seen the results of somebody trying to dig *every* *single* *beep*? Are you listening to that detector!? Don't know about yours but mine *NEVER* shuts up!! I might as well just use a backhoe and a screen. Take off the top layers of soil, (even that has problems. How much soil is *enough*?!?!)

I expect that I wouldn't be able to do that for very long in my park before I get hauled away by the men in white coats!

Don't get me wrong. Yes, there *are* times when I dig every blessed signal! Like at the mansion.

But when I'm out on a normal walk. I'm not out there to "work". Since I paid a lot for what I consider to be one of the finest detectors with a proven, (to me), discrimination circuit. And...with almost a quarter century of experience. I figured why not take advantage of these things. Sure, I miss things but I figure my results over the years speaks well enough of what I *do* find.

Besides all that, it leaves me vast areas of land that I know has given up good things. And...these areas I *know* I hadn't dug every, single beep. So.....if I need a place to go, I choose one of these and up the anty...so to speak. I grid and dig every signal!:tongue3:

Thanks!

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya on that one, my sports field has furnace debris as land fill, the detector sounds like its teeth are chattering most of the time.
But then, there are always surprises there every time.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions