Spayed up all night and went to shell swamp.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out there at 7:00 and swung 3 hours in the shells and got a Burnside cartridge. So on the hour drive home I had a idea. This 1800’s park is along side a old river that brought oxen, liquor etc to my town. Well every time it floods it washes up river sand throughout the whole park. So I used Calabash’s relic program, beach mode 2, using the 15” coil on speed recovery 4 for the first time. I new anything would be extremely deep. In the first 30 minutes I found these 2 buttons a foot or more down....I was shocked!! Any advice to get this black crud off of the gold gilt button? IMG_2243.jpg On the front of the found buttons is the image of a 3-legged eagle surrounded around the rim with the words "ES DEVS SPES NOSTRA". Research reveals the origin is Latin and means, "GOD IS OUR HOPE". The buttons may be a reproduction / remake of buttons worn by Hessian soldiers during the Revolutionary War." IMG_2244.jpg IMG_2245.jpg

This one was 14” IMG_2247.jpg IMG_2246.jpg I still haven’t cleaned it yet. Any help is appreciated

Upvote 23
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update Update!! IMG_2254.jpg Hessians /ˈhɛʃən/[1] were the 18th century German auxiliaries contracted for military service by the British government, which found it easier to borrow money to pay for their service than to recruit its own soldiers.[2] They took their name from the German state of Hesse-Kassel. The British hired Hessian troops for combat duty in several eighteenth century conflicts, but they are most widely associated with combat operations in the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783).

Update Update: if anyone can get me more information please please educate me. Johnson & Tingly were in business in 1829 IMG_2252.jpg

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds & great research . GL Down There.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions