Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: A few keepers...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    “Never argue with a fool. Onlooker may not be able to tell the difference.” Mark Twain

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
    1860 times
    Relic Hunting

A few keepers...

Truth and I hit a permission I obtained the other day of an early1900 home. We didn’t find as much silver as we hoped for, but Truth did pickupa small silver ring. I on the other hand only picked up a few keepers, whichinclude an old pocket watch, two (2) lipstick holders, an unknown in the top left corner of the photo as pictured, an aluminum religious pendant, one (1) Wheatie(appears to be a 1919), a small square plate with M&M engraved on it and what’sleft of the cylinder and another piece from a .32 caliber revolver. I alsopicked up about $3.70 in clad quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. The picksbelow are from two (2) separate angles, thanks for looking, HH, take care and mayGod Bless!!!

“D”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190315_155201.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	1691223

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190315_155516.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	1691225

Sorry pics loaded sideways, tried to fix them but was unable to...

"Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!!!" Psalms 33:12

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

Founder / CEO "Indian Creek Historical Society"

us
    Metal Detecting & Hotwheels Collecting

Sep 2014
    FLR, Upstate NY
    Equinox 600, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter, Deteknix
    1925 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice hunt, cool cylinder, congrats on all
    Possum likes this.
    Any day of hunting, whether good or bad is better than not hunting at all

us
    Jan 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
    443 times
    Relic Hunting
    Cool finds the silver is still waiting for you there
    Possum likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    20528 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Nice finds!
    Possum likes this.

us
    Aug 2007
    Western New York
    CTX-3030, Equinox 800
    4594 times
    Nice finds! Congrats! Any guess what that might be? The whatsit in the upper left. I can't imagine what it might be used for!
    Possum likes this.

WhyMe

CTX-3030, Equinox 800

Charter Member
    us
    “Never argue with a fool. Onlooker may not be able to tell the difference.” Mark Twain

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
    1860 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    Nice finds! Congrats! Any guess what that might be? The whatsit in the upper left. I can't imagine what it might be used for!
    I have no Idea Whyme, been trying to figure it out myself... "D"

"I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    1860 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_dirt View Post
    Cool finds the silver is still waiting for you there
    I hope so Joe, we still have two (2) more permissions across the street thats just as old... "D"
    Davers likes this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5585 times
    Glad to see y'all got out , love the Cylinder , you have a guess to what gun it came off of ? Looks like it's seen better days ; cool other items as well.
    Possum and Yak1366 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    1860 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Glad to see y'all got out , love the Cylinder , you have a guess to what gun it came off of ? Looks like it's seen better days ; cool other items as well.
    Not sure on the make Davey, but it's a .32 caliber cylinder, wish I could've found more of it and I'd love to know the story behind it... "D"
    Davers likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2017
    Currently Ringgold, Georgia, Formerly Vaudreuil, Quebec
    Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
    2082 times
    Documenting / Mapping Properties with Civil War History
    Cool finds, Congrats!!!
    Possum and Davers like this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5585 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Not sure on the make Davey, but it's a .32 caliber cylinder, wish I could've found more of it and I'd love to know the story behind it... "D"
    Yes Sir.
    It def, has a story , I got a cylinder a few months back , .30 -.31 cal 5 shot , the guys or a couple guys at my club thought it was off a Colt Pocket Pistol. It's one of my coolest finds.

Keep it up Mr, P there is more out there.
    Davers
    Possum likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Looks like some nice finds Possum.
    Possum likes this.

us
    Jan 2019
    Alabama
    Garrett AT Max, Nox 800,
    160 times
    Nice finds Possum.
    Possum likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    1860 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Yes Sir.
    It def, has a story , I got a cylinder a few months back , .30 -.31 cal 5 shot , the guys or a couple guys at my club thought it was off a Colt Pocket Pistol. It's one of my coolest finds.

Keep it up Mr, P there is more out there.
    Davers
    Davey,

It's possible its a pocket gun based on the cylinder size and the other small piece I found with it, definitely a small framed pistol, the only difference from yours is it's a 6 shot and a .32 caliber...

"D"

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    1860 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezurehunter View Post
    Looks like some nice finds Possum.
    Thanks Trez!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links