Hunted a Florida Elementary School TODAY - Found a lot of Quarters & Dimes

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES, all clad today but I have found older silver here because it used to be an old High School with a large football field which I have hunted several times before. BUT again - Glad for "clad" because I found 36 Quarters, 21 Dimes & 7 Cents - a total of 64 coins and a $total of $11.17 - AND this hunt put me over 1,000 coins for the year - See my NOTE & totals below. Happy Hunting & Good Luck to All.

P1010077.jpg

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

NOTE: My total coins found for 2019 "so far" TOTAL- 1,062:

JAN. TOTALS: 151-Quarters, 103-Dimes(1-1947-D SILVER), 3-Nickels & 104-Cents for a total of 361 coins and a $ TOTAL of $49.24
FEB. TOTALS: 1-Half, 221-Quarters, 160-Dimes, 5-Nickels & 85-Cents for a total of 472 coins (all clad)..... and a $ TOTAL of $72.85
MAR. So Far : 107-
Quarters, 64-Dimes(1-1946 SILVER), 1-Nickel & 57-Cents for a total of 229 coins ....... and a $ TOTAL of $33.77

ALSO total (GOLD/SILVER) Jewelry found for the year = 3 Sterling .925 Silver RINGS

Last edited:
Upvote 17

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battery money is always a good thing.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Battery money is always a good thing.
Hey, Steve.....Thanks for your comment, my friend, but I do use all rechargeables in my detecting equipment - I have a standing order for Christmas & birthdays for rechargeable batteries and I have not bought regular batteries for years - lol....but that clad does come in handy for "gas money" and the balance - buying silver coins for my "SILVER stacking" - as I believe SILVER is way too cheap compared to Gold and that "paper fiat" stuff. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting. BILL

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You must have been swinging that coil a whole lot this year so far - sounds like daily :)

Congrats! I've only really swung my coil once this year - BUT water swinging is coming soon :)

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must have been swinging that coil a whole lot this year so far - sounds like daily :)

Congrats! I've only really swung my coil once this year - BUT water swinging is coming soon :)
Good question, my friend -- because that is very "relative" to how many times I have been out -- which is 6 times in Jan., 10 times in Feb., & 4 times "so far" in Mar., a total of 20 times for 1,062 coins and $total of $155.86 face value. I guess that is an average of 53 coins & $7.79 per trip face value & an average of 14.68 cents per "coin" target retrieved -- Hope this helps....lol

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's impressive already for the year. I've barely been out yet! Were you there all day? I think my best was maybe $6 dollars in clad and I just happened on a sweet spot..

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Travis......Another "excellent" point.....I must be "slipping" because that is ALSO very "relative" & I meant to also add that..... each trip was between 4 to 5 hours because that is pretty much my "limit" & schedule at age 77 but I am very lucky to have good knees & joints because I always go down on my knees to recover each target -- So getting up & down that many times in 4 to 5 hours becomes tiring.......just saying. Good Luck & Happy Hunting -- I Love this hobby.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some mighty fine coin shooting!! What was your best coin total for a year? Do you have a value total of all the coins you have found over the years?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
at age 77 but I am very lucky to have good knees & joints because I always go down on my knees to recover each target

Good gracious!!! You be one very able dude! I won't be 70 until July 4th, and I'd say I'd never want a fist fight with you :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is some mighty fine coin shooting!! What was your best coin total for a year? Do you have a value total of all the coins you have found over the years?
Thanks for your question & comment -- With 48 years hunting since 1971 I have kept annual totals but not detailed until the last 20+ years, with my best year since then of over 14,000 coins with a face value of over $1,350 with over 100 silver coins found that year -- BUT in 1971 & a few years after that - about 90% of the Dollars, Halfs, Quarters & Dimes I found were 90% SILVER coins in the ground -- the "good Old days" (so it is hard to know total "real" value) -- Good Luck & Happy Hunting. BILL

Last edited:
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good gracious!!! You be one very able dude! I won't be 70 until July 4th, and I'd say I'd never want a fist fight with you :)
Thanks, I see you were in the 4th Infantry Division -- THANK YOU for your SERVICE. I also received the Vietnam Service & Vietnam Campaign ribbons and am a retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel, Transportation Corps. We shipped a lot of vehicles & equipment to Cambodia & Laos as well as Vietnam out of Thailand. I was a Captain in 1969 & 1970 at same time you were there. Happy Hunting -- BILL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the clad...:occasion14:

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silvers and clad!

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds wlb42...get over to Madison County and hunt the old middle school out on Hwy 14...LOTS of neat stuff in the city and surrounding areas.

Spent 7 years there one day...

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some mighty fine coin shooting and some nice totals.
Congrats to ya and 'by your leave' Sir.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's some mighty fine coin shooting and some nice totals.
Congrats to ya and 'by your leave' Sir.
Hey, my Patriot FRIEND - "Carry ON" and "Permission Granted" & Thanks for the comment. Good Luck & Happy Hunting. BILL

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds wlb42...get over to Madison County and hunt the old middle school out on Hwy 14...LOTS of neat stuff in the city and surrounding areas.

Spent 7 years there one day...
Thanks for the "tip"......it is only about 60 miles from me and I have hunted Monticello area & schools but NOT that one in Madison......Will let you know when I check it out.....Thanks
BILL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread