It snot about what you find! But at least i found something.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Thursday was my only day off and of course i had big plans of getting up early and spending the whole day detecting.
As it turned out, i woke up with a sore throat and runny nose of epic proportions! To top it off, I was leaking out of one eye. Thank goodness it was the bad eye so my vision was not impaired. Still, i was determined to get out.

So, i headed off to a permission (Kleenex in hand) that i have been working for a couple months. Its loaded with trash so a 5 x 7 coil was my choice to help with target separation and minimize masking.

Upon arrival it was evident that my nose was going to be an issue. Although the trip was less than 30 minutes, i had already used half my supply of snot rags. My nose was literally dripping faster than i could blow! Considering the house is out of the way, abandoned and the Kleenex was useless i decided to just let it run.

Sure enough, within 3 minutes of swinging i looked like a 2 year old blowing bubbles where bubbles should not be. Still my detector was working fine and i just ignored the long strings of mucus blowing in the wind.

After about 30 minutes of detecting and several clad, i finally picked up my first wheat. Nothing special, (1937) and then a 1955 soon after. A bunch more clad over the next hour and then it happened!
Yep, my nose began bleeding. Not only was i dealing with snot, but bloody snot dripping on me, my detector and my finds! If i were from England, i would have been yelling "BLOODY HELL! "

Just the same, i continued detecting and the bleeding only lasted about 10 minuets. Not sure how much blood i lost but i will say this...it looked like a crime scene and i looked like the victim.

Finally, after a couple more hours of digging clad and trash i found this Ilco key.
FullSizeRender(9).jpg

At first i thought it was a broken key and threw it in my bag with all the other trash.
But, after getting home and looking a little closer, i found the bottom to be too smooth to be broke.
A little hunting on the web confirmed it was not a broke key.
Any info on its age or use would be much appreciated.

Here is one that looks very close to the one i found.
Vintage-Short-ILCO-Key-Unique-Design.jpg

Here is a picture of my finds for the day.
FullSizeRender(9)-1.jpg

For sure i have had better hunts but this one is one i won't forget! Its not the fact that all i found was two wheat pennies and some clad or the fact that i dug a bag full of trash or even the fact that i found a key that i almost discounted as broken.
Nope...its the fact that i went out and hunted that day when i should have been at home drowning in a puddle of snot!

I guess we all have an addiction to one degree or another.

HH everyone!

Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Anytime I can get a hunt in, even if I just find clad or a pull tab , it’s a Good a Day!!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure your key is a toilet paper or paper towel holder key like the kind in gas stations or parks.The white box on the wall.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure your key is a toilet paper or paper towel holder key like the kind in gas stations or parks.The white box on the wall.

Thank you! looks like it might be an early version key for those dispensers.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out to detect some. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care and good luck out there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool key, thank you for sharing the story! :occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do I have to teach you everything?
Next time you get to your last tissue, tear it and plug your nostrils, you will be good for a couple hours

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I have to teach you everything?
Next time you get to your last tissue, tear it and plug your nostrils, you will be good for a couple hours

LOL not a bad idea! If it happens again i will try that.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beat me to it! KNOW this! You've been blessed with free TP forever.

FYI - If you wanna be a real jerk. Open the dispenser, 1. wet your finger and stick the edge of the first sheet to the roll. 2.pull the paper out, fold back over the top. Give it a few cranks.

They're getting rare. Got about 1 1/2 boxes on my key board. Believe it or not the die stamped ones sell better.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO i just realized the irony of my key find! What are the odds of having the worst runny nose of your life and finding a TP key.

A true blessing from the Tissue Gods!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread