Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was up working last night still fighting this cold and something told me to go try one more time to shell island in the swamp. The last 3 times I went I blanked. So I put the 6” on the 800 and started swinging I began to get desperate and digging iffy signals and it wasn’t working. After 2 hours I told myself to trust the machine and if I don’t get a solid signal we’ll then so be it. I was so exhausted digging those shells and being sick, well all of a sudden I get a solid 19 and went at it. I saw this small thing that I thought was a washer. Put it in my mouth looked at it and couldn’t believe my good fortune. I did it!!!! I was persistent because I knew something else HAD to be there. The 800 has been good to me on small silver, I’ve pulled 2 Capped Bust Half Dimes, 3 Half Reals, 1787 1 Reales a 1840 Half Liberty Dime and last but not least my 1852 Trime. I believe that all the smallest silver coins there is. I got very lucky. The more I work the luckier I get. Unbelievable...I have to learnt dig less and trust my machine more. IMG_2288.jpg IMG_2287.jpg IMG_2289.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

Upvote 73

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find and well deserved!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job Bud! I've only found one, and didn't even know what it was at the time. Welcome to the club!

I appreciate that relic it was so small I was waiting to see a little hole in the middle for a little washer when I didn’t see that hole it went right in the mouth. What an awesome feeling I appreciate your support.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im a little jelly. That little bugger has eluded me so far. Maybe this will be the year tho. Congrats on weee little silver of epicness

This little sucker is been a thorn in my ass for a while I’m grateful to have it. I wish you all the luck in the world this year my friend

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats man! Thats a cool coin!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up working last night still fighting this cold and something told me to go try one more time to shell island in the swamp. The last 3 times I went I blanked. So I put the 6” on the 800 and started swinging I began to get desperate and digging iffy signals and it wasn’t working. After 2 hours I told myself to trust the machine and if I don’t get a solid signal we’ll then so be it. I was so exhausted digging those shells and being sick, well all of a sudden I get a solid 19 and went at it. I saw this small thing that I thought was a washer. Put it in my mouth looked at it and couldn’t believe my good fortune. I did it!!!! I was persistent because I knew something else HAD to be there. The 800 has been good to me on small silver, I’ve pulled 2 Capped Bust Half Dimes, 3 Half Reals, 1787 1 Reales a 1840 Half Liberty Dime and last but not least my 1852 Trime. I believe that all the smallest silver coins there is. I got very lucky. The more I work the luckier I get. Unbelievable...I have to learnt dig less and trust my machine more. View attachment 1693591 View attachment 1693592 View attachment 1693593 View attachment 1693594 View attachment 1693595

Fantastic D. Thats a Bucketlister of mine for dang sure..
Congrats thats just freaking awesome..

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth

Ding Dong digging in swamp slime
Mantle clock with a Westminster chime
What time to find a nice Trime

TP

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Love those little silver 3 cent coins! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding coin Truth ! I'm still looking for my first 3 Cent piece. That is one of the few coins left on my personal bucket list.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure hope you get to feeling better, you looked like crap the other day when we hunted, but I'm glad you got right back out there and it payed off, Congrats brother!!! "D"

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive averaged about one a year but realize thats not the norm

i have averaged one a career... lol yeah you got the silver skills

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, congratulations! I dug one of those in January for my second ever silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread