Barbed + Britannia

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Got on to a permission of an early 1900s home currently being renovated. Owners could not be more accommodating. Found 2 Barber quarters (1901 not an S) and 1893 in the same hole along with an Indian. Guessing the one barber got the brunt of the Indian while the other was left to shine! Pretty coin. Got another Indian and a string of wheats. Squeezed a 64 rosie in the backyard and right before I left, last target, a well worn what appears to be a 1867 Queen Victoria One Penny. Had to toothpick it to just make out Britannia on the back with the tops of the years to nail down the date. This coin looks the way I feel after putting in an all day hunt nonstop. Dug a ton of iron, nails (seemingly every good target hole had iron in it). This provided a nice challenge as normal "good" target FE/CO numbers on the Etrac -11-47, 13-45, 12-12, 11-42, etc.. where all over the place with the added nails so the sound had to win out the day over numbers. Sometimes you just have to "feel" it to think whether to dig (yes I'm aware a "dig it all" philosophy nullifies having to feel whether or not to dig, but to each their own).

Hope you all got out this weekend too!

Happy hunting.

-Hunter

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

Upvote 16

Golden Pull-tab

Mar 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dig, congrats. the 93 barber has some curious wear patterns, almost looks like a counterfeit with the silver wash peeling off.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell if it's a Penny or Half-Penny. Penny is circa 30mm.:thumbsup:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats. That barber that has the corrosion on it actually has some good character if that's possible for a coin. Thanks for sharing!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
crazy how one comes out nicer, the dirt can do strange things. congrats on the awesome finds

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice old coins, congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the old coin shooting! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions