Hunted two City Parks - and FOUND a $1.00 coin in each PARK & more CLAD

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first two $1 coins found this year, one in each City Park that I hunted TODAY, both were dated 2007 which was the 1st year issue of the U.S. Presidential Dollar program. Also in addition I found 24-quarters, 26-dimes & 21-cents for a total of 73 coins, all clad and a $total of $10.81. Thanks for looking.....Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

P1010085.jpg P1010088 (2).jpg P1010087.jpg

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

Last edited:
Upvote 11
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still adding to the clad total I see. Nice going! Your $1 coins are two more than I have ever found. Keep at it!
Hey, Diggin N. Va......Thanks for your comment. Yes, I just looked at my total on quarters this month of MARCH and I have found, just in quarters, 254 and that is only in 7 times out this month. So, that averages 36+ each time out which is almost a "roll of quarters" nearly $10 each on the average EVERY time out. In fact my $total for the 7 hunts was $76.87, with an average of $10.98 per outing. I can remember in 1962 working full time as a Bookkeeper/Accountant in the Office of a Coca-Cola Bottling Company in Illinois - ONLY making $75.00 per week salary.......If ONLY I would have had a "metal detector" back then - Although it was only 9 years later, in 1971, when I bought my first White's Beachcomber metal detector....And I have LOVED this hobby (income) ever since....lol. Good Luck & Happy Hunting to ALL.

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

Last edited:

DigginNorthernVa

Jul 9, 2018
Fairfax Station, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue and Gray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess because I primarily hunt civil war camp sites and construction sites where they camped, I don't find much clad...least of all quarters. Are you mostly finding them at schools? I'm blown away by the amount of coins you dig!

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess because I primarily hunt civil war camp sites and construction sites where they camped, I don't find much clad...least of all quarters. Are you mostly finding them at schools? I'm blown away by the amount of coins you dig!
Hey, Diggin N. Va......Thanks for your reply. Yes, the majority of my "high numbers" of quarters are found at Schools. And as far as Civil War sites in Florida, I say this:

The Battle of Olustee or Battle of Ocean Pond was fought in Baker County, Florida on February 20, 1864, during the American Civil War. It was the only major battle fought in Florida during the war. Union General Truman Seymour had landed troops at Jacksonville, aiming chiefly to disrupt Confederate food supply.

However there was the smaller, second, final & LAST attempt that failed by the Union to take Tallahassee, the Capitol. So the attempt at the The Battle of Natural Bridge on March 6, 1865, occurred 10 miles south of Tallahassee, and approximately six miles east of the present-day town of Woodville. And it has been reported many times that Tallahassee was the ONLY Capitol east of the Mississippi River that was never defeated or occupied by the UNION during the Civil War.

And yes, I have hunted this site and recovered several "fired rounds".....but it was all over in one day -- The battle started in the pre-dawn early morning, resumed in earnest in the afternoon and ended before dark. Here is a link below of that event. Good Luck & Happy Hunting. BILL

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2017/03/01/battle-natural-bridge-myths-endure/98525912/

Last edited:
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another nice park hunt, you are getting quite a pile built up
Hey, Inspector....Thanks for your comment, with 23 times out hunting for 2019.....Here is what my coins totals are so far for 2019 & the $totals:

NOTE: My total coins found for 2019 "so far" TOTAL- 1,286 with 626 quarters close to 1/2 of the total & a $total of $198.96:

JAN. TOTALS: 151-Quarters, 103-Dimes(1-1947-D SILVER), 3-Nickels & 104-Cents for a total of 361 coins and a $ TOTAL of $49.24
FEB. TOTALS: 1-Half, 221-Quarters, 160-Dimes, 5-Nickels & 85-Cents for a total of 472 coins (all clad).......and a $ TOTAL of $72.85
MAR.
TOTALS : 2-Dollars, 254-Quarters, 104-Dimes(1-1946 SILVER), 1-Nickel, 92-Cents a total of 453 coins and $ TOTAL of $76.87

ALSO total (GOLD/SILVER) Jewelry found for the year = 3 Sterling .925 Silver RINGS

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job...keep up the good work! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread