Old iron side.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the first one I have found, the house site maybe 1860s time frame. As I walked along I noticed this peace of iron sticking up, once I picked it up I knew what it was, here is how it cleaned up. The heart item I am thinking maybe on a horse bridle maybe. View attachment DSC00677.jpg DSC00680.JPG thumbnail[1].jpg The dog is my new friend from the farm, this is moose he is maybe 120 pounds, he was quite friendly, he had my back I figured. HH

Upvote 11

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I hunt one old farm that has a huge black Lab...follows me around and when I get down to check a plug he tries to eat my headphones (them things ain't cheap!)...one day he follows me to my truck at water/snack time, and as he watches me eat my sammich, I see a big slobber dripping out his mouth. Softie that I am, I decided to share my blueberry muffin with him...well he had other plans as he jumps up and grabs it, and necked that thing...still in the wrapper!! Then I had to share my water I knew he needed a drink after that. Cool stuff, looks like some old dirt there...Ddf

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thanks for sharing.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cleaned up nice Great finds.That dog is following you around to make sure you dont dig up one of his Bones!!!!LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions