2mm pin fire tie clasp capgun

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got an offer Saturday night to detect and rummage through a late 1800's house(property) and barn. They are close family friends. Detecting, I found nothing. the house was taken down last week the barn is being demolished today. The barn was loaded with mostly1950's stuff and some earlier. A mostly storage barn. I have no room to take many things so if I saw anything good I would put it out back so somebody else had a chance to see items I thought were cool, and they were taking a lot as I left. I didn't have my phone or a camera, wish I had thought of that before I went. But I wanted to show a small item I found in a hard to see wooden box that was in the back of a draw. It contained gold Lieutenant bars, EMT badges/shields, an unopened roll of Garden state Parkway tokens, a cheap metal handle pocket knife.....and this Tie clasp with a pistol attached to it. You can cock the hammer back and pull the trigger and the hammer falls. I thought that was cool enough until I sent a picture to a friend and he told me it was a cap gun. A little oil later and I had it open. This thing fires 2mm "pinfired" caps at about $5 apiece. When I googled these things it turns out there are many different types and manufacturers prices from $20 to way way up. Mine is from the 1950's. I never knew these existed. There is a few YouTube videos but I didn't know how to upload one.
Remember to always keep your tie clasp pointed in a safe direction and treat it like its always loaded ! IMG_2035.jpg IMG_2034.jpg IMG_2036.jpg IMG_2037.jpg IMG_2038.jpg IMG_2039.jpg

Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find, congrats! :occasion14:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember them when i was a kid. You got them as key fob and inserted in a buckle. With a clasp it's the first i've seen. Good catch!

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I saw many of them on a key fob while searching the internet.
I remember them when i was a kid. You got them as key fob and inserted in a buckle. With a clasp it's the first i've seen. Good catch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread