Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-4666.JPG
IMG-4668.JPG

I'm so stoked! This ring that I found metal detecting on thursday was verbally appraised today...

The Opal is Black Opal from Australia. Black Opal is the most sought after variety of opal. Retail value would be $3000 in current condition with missing one diamond and having scuffs on the band.

To say the least, I am freaking out. And to think I was only worried about the diamonds...

Upvote 19

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
H

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring!!! I would keep it, but that’s me. I hate parting with my “finds”.��

Same here. I have sold a couple of things and regret it.

You could get the ring restored by having the gold re-dipped to clear up the scratches. Small diamonds are fairly cheap as well or pull one from another find.. May make a nice present for the wife.

That’s the plan. Down the road we will get it cleaned and repaired. My wife will use it as a formal piece.

Congrats on an awesome ring!!! Did you find it with the Pro? How did it ring up and how deep?

I found it with the AT Pro. Check out my thread called Got My White Whale... Diamond. It rang up at a solid 52. It was about two inches down and it was amongst trash. I found it a foot away from the sidewalk of a highly trafficked area. I was picking trash for about two hours. I was only digging solid signals due to the amount of trash. I had my 5x8 coil on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread