Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday I got a chance to go back to the scout camp. It was overcast and it showered some, but I did ok. I ended up with 174 coins farce value $11.87, 62 large tent pegs, an assortment of other miscellaneous finds. Of course at a scout camp you always dig chunks of melted aluminum that vary in the signal you get, but they usually sound like a coin or a ring. I really wish people would not put foil from their β€œtin foil dinner” or aluminum cans in the fire. When the ashes from the fire build up they get spread around in the woods and if you are cleaning up and digging all the promising targets you end up with a pocket full of the aluminum nuggets. Just one of those annoying things like tabs and can slaw.

3B0DBAC7-0318-4A71-B055-9AF96FFA6970.jpeg

The finds pictured below include aluminum rope tensioners, 2 Webelos slides and an older cub slide, a LIVE 44 magnum shell, the top part of a cub Catholic religious reward, a token, assorted sinkers, and the top part of an aluminum ring with PEACE on it.

365E6179-A855-4510-920B-B42769AA0735.jpeg

Another good day at camp. Nothing super special, but lots of clad and some interesting finds. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 10

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The brass slides are very nice. The sinkers are old and a cool find too. Congrats on not letting some trash get in the way. Nerves of steel.:notworthy:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds. Boy Scout camps almost always produce those neckerchief slides, and they are fun to find.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool finds I find many of those neck tie things and fishing weights, but they do drop lots of change Good hunt and good job cleaning up their foil... I pick up tons of trash also. Tommy

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks. The camp also likes getting their tent pegs back. Since 2013 I have returned over 8,200 large pegs for reuse.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really nice scouting artifacts, I am so surprised and a little dissapointed I haven't found a slide yet! I have a silver scout ring, but that's it. Very choice finds. Congrats & HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy Scout camps always produce some interesting finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice scouting artifacts, I am so surprised and a little dissapointed I haven't found a slide yet! I have a silver scout ring, but that's it. Very choice finds. Congrats & HH

Keep looking there is one out there for you somewhere. Scout camps are almost a sure thing, but I have found them in parks, yards and at churches as well (if the scout meet at or are sponsored by the church your odds go up).

Thanks for the nice comments and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread