Two Silver Half Dollars And One Is Another Seated!!!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went back Tuesday this week to my new permission that has been very good to me. I found my first Seated Half Dollar and Quarter on the last visit. So I get there and get geared up and basically set my detector on a nice high tone and not even six feet from my truck I dig a Franklin Half! I just chuckle at this luck as I take some pics of it fresh from the dirt. I checked the hole again and pull out a Rosie to make for a nice little spill. The next two holes were Indians and then a 3 ringer. I'm 5 minutes in and I already have a pouch full of goodies. The homeowner pulls in as I'm going for another signal and is fired up to show me where they uncovered some Civil War pits on the back of their property way back in the day. So we loaded up and went to looking but things have changed a lot and she couldn't remember exactly where they were. I had a lot of fun hearing the stories and history of the place as it got dark. I was told to come back and dig around whenever I wanted to.

So I went back last night to pick up where I left off digging every little squeak and blip the Etrac made. I dug a ton of trash and one fired bullet but it was slow going. I worked my way over to where I had dug my first Seated Half and to my surprise I locked in on a tight 12-46 12-47 signal really close by. I got so excited and as I was cutting the plug I was thinking there is no way this will be another. I flipped over the plug and that signal was screaming in the clod and I could see the dark soil around a coin. The excitement was intense as I revealed that big silver from the dirt and could see yet again another Seated Half and this one is a beautiful 1875s! I took about a million pics and did a little field cleaning to get a good look at her. Looks like someone carved their initials E.L.M on it and it so happens the owner's last name starts with M and it's been in the family for a long time so I will do some research or just ask them if it could be a relative's name. I searched around that area really hard but didn't turn up any more Big Silver. I did get over a nice General Service Eagle coat button and a beautiful dropped ring tail Sharps.

0Vu257j.jpg MWJARHj.jpg

B9riz2T.jpg 7CsqCyL.jpg

BaPnKzG.jpg yOEXXOh.jpg

B8noAFu.jpg wGm5JrU.jpg

hDu8eOJ.jpg kDtn1WG.jpg

Upvote 66

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice big silver!!! Looks like you have a great permission!:icon_thumleft:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty freaking awesome! still smiling I bet

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! This is the thing dreams are made of !! :coins::coins:

Yeah I know! I day dream of hunts like this as I drive by cool looking old homes.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty freaking awesome! still smiling I bet

Yeah I still had a big grin on my face from a couple of weeks ago! I may have to seek medical attention now

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very jealous! I need to hunt more, that seated half is very inspiring!!!

Don't be jealous just get out digging! It's still out there but you gotta get your coil over it. Good luck!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Sooper DAVE - Now YOU went and "done it" - I will now have to put on my "door knocking" face - and go out & get some neat "permissions" like YOU, because I am getting tired of only finding CLAD. YES, those are some GREAT finds, my friend - AND please keep us posted on your future finds - I LOVE your pictures & DETAILS of your finds. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting to Everyone.......BILL

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! great big silvers, and a seated at that!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Sooper DAVE - Now YOU went and "done it" - I will now have to put on my "door knocking" face - and go out & get some neat "permissions" like YOU, because I am getting tired of only finding CLAD. YES, those are some GREAT finds, my friend - AND please keep us posted on your future finds - I LOVE your pictures & DETAILS of your finds. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting to Everyone.......BILL

Thanks Bill! Neat permissions are where it's at. Good luck to you as well!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Dave. Two seated halves out of there is insane.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Dave. Two seated halves out of there is insane.

Thanks Steve! And yes two Seated halves, a 76cc Seated quarter, an 1865 Farthing along with a handful of IHP's and the Big Franklin Half, this site has been a fun one to work!

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding finds. I would be on cloud nine if I ever found a seated half. Hell, I am stoked to find even a seated dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread